Post op Questions

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

My daughter is 3 days post op from having a 15cm round dermoid cyst, her left ovary and her fallopian tube removed.

She has a bit of spotting which I presume is normal, but wondered if anyone else had this, and she feels quite nauseaus all the time, i'm assuming this is from the gas used.

She did struggle to pass wind at first but has now gone to the toilet a few times but had looser movements than usual. Is that normal? Again, I am guessing it is, but just wanted to check.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I’m not s doctor but I work in the medical field.  Some people get sick after the sedation from surgery or she could be nauseous from the pain meds if she’s taking them.  I always tell them I get nauseous when sedated and they but a non nausea drug in the iv.   I had no spotting but I also had s hysterectomy so I would not bleed not sure about that part.
    • Posted

Also it did hurt to pass gas especially by the area the ovary use to be.   But it’s goid she is passing gas. That’s one of the things my dr kept asking me.  A heating pad gave me good relief over the surgical area
  • Posted

I felt sick by about Day 5 from all the pain meds (naproxen was the worst) so had to have them adjusted - it levellled off and I was ok after. I also had anti-nausea in my sedation so that helped a lot! Constipatin after or just getting bowels Re adjusted on top of everything else can make you nauseous as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.