Post Op Wind!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

So I had my op yesterday afternoon and the surgeon phoned my Hubble after and said everything had gone ok and they kept my ovaries as planned👍

I felt pretty grotty yesterday evening and barely slept but the nurses were fab. The pain I've been experiencing is mostly from wind, trapped gas which is awful. I'm drinking mint tea and they've given me lactulose and senokot tonight but I just wondered if anyone had any tips?

My catheter cake out this morn so they wanted me up and about which I have been but it was very painful at first just getting off the bed! I've used a folded towel to help press against my tummy whilst walking and getting on/off the bed which has helped.

Be grateful for your advice on how long this normally lasts 😬😬

Thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what type of hysterectomy you had but my pain was mostly from trapped air and it was awful. I've had no other pain but mine was a vaginal hysterectomy plus repair. X

• Posted

Try to walk--it will get better as it goes on. It' helps with your circulation, and can help the gas disburse.  It does take about 4-6 days for it to be gone!

• Posted

Thanks ladies. Frustrating as it's this pain that's causing me grief! I've been up walking about but no movement yet. I've had lactulose and senokot and will take some prune juice once home.

I had a sub total abdominal hysterectomy. Glad the fibroid is now out of my tummy!

• Posted

I feel for you that pain can be so bad I had lots of boiled water which helped and your doing the right thing by moving around, just don't over do it. It will soon disperse. Good luck with your recovery x

• Posted

It's all started moving woohoo!

I found lying on my back exercising my legs and bending my knees up n down helped get things moving👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.