Post Open Myomectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had my follow up on 30.05.18.

Saw one of the staff not the consultant. She did not even examine me. I told her my period was still heavy. She prescribed Meds which my GP could have done. I showed her my stomach. She said that’s not Gynaecoligical. I

Pointed out that I had my swollen tummy for 3 years. She didn’t know what to say. So she said could be IBS I tried to argue but she was having none of it. Not happy 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, after my open myomectomy last year, when I went for my follow up op consultation I too Stated I was still suffering heavy bleeding. My consultant stated also it wasn’t a gynaecological issue and suggested it might be hormonal due to all the different meds I had been on and subsequently withdrawn from before my operation. I went back to my gp and was put on a form of the pill and my bleeding was soon under control.  Maybe see your gp and hopefully they will be more helpful. 
  • Posted

I had the same problem. My doctor recommended full hysterectomy. I got with an herb lady and shut yhat completely down. No problems since. Message me for details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.