Post operative frozen shoulder

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed a frozen shoulder after having arthroscopic decrompession and acromium shaved.

I am now at week 9 post op and have been unable to drive normally due to a poor range of motion and discomfort. I drive extremely small distances..1-1.5 miles.

I have had one steroid injection but he did state it may take 2-3 until I feel the effect.

I have to rely on family to help me dress and undress at times and do help with hair and to run errands.

I am just wondering what the next stage for treatment is...I just stick with my exercises that I have been given and pray for improvement.

This forum is very informative,a little frozen shoulder community. Thank you

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So a brief update. It has been confirmed as a frozen shoulder. I actually had the early signs before the surgery as I had a MRI 2 weeks before the op.

Things are still pretty crap to tell you the truth. I have been put on lyrica 150mg twice a day to help with the pain down my arm. I have had 2 cortisone injections(the last being ct guided).

My GP ordered another MRI scan last month and it shows I have a subacromial bursitis. I had a subacromial decrompression earlier this year.

Has anyone else had this issue.

• Posted

77, So now you are in a difficult position, according to a previous author mentioning an orthopaedists view you should rest up a frozen shoulder. For post surgery it seems you must stretch mobilize and exercise the area. I can't quite follow the subacromial bursa whch has rerturned it seems. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.