Post opp surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am seven weeks post op my range of motion is only 102 I have been working hard on this for the past few weeks to really get it up there do I need to be concerned my flat stretch is down to 15 from 26th I don't think I'll ever get to zero I work out three times a day and still doing physical therapy outpatient  anybody have any experience is like this I've really become before and I want to stationary bike every day 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Similar to me. Day 10. 45. Day 20 85. Day 55. 115 and passive 125. I have details on instagram : yusrinabennett. I just follow the exercises and it will get there. Stairs rowing leg press and spin bike now and helped a lot. Check physiorehab
    • Posted

i'm still struggling with the bending and stretching, still going to therapy and working out at home for 2 to 3 times a day sometimes I think it's a never ending battle I don't want to give up I am almost 7 weeks post opp,I am only at 102 as of today all

• Posted

I am not nearly as far along as you are.....I'm in my 3rd week post-op. I too am going to PT 3X per week and do in home exercises 3X each day. I am unable to bend enough to get on a bike and am still quite swollen and very stiff. But I have been told by numerous friends who have had tkr that the reality is......it takes pretty much an entire year to really "get there". Sounds incredible but that's what I've heard. It's really a lengthy rehab and it takes that much time to achieve complete success. What does your therapist say? Are they happy with your progress so far?? I think it requires a lot of patience and resolve. Hang in there. It sounds like you're doing everything you've been told to do. It will come. Just don't get discouraged. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for the info.  I am now at 104 are rom
  • Posted

Check the web #physiorehab. It contains allexercises helping. I do rowing spin bike stairs without holding the rail noe. I also add hydrotherapy into the exercises. You will get there. Keep working on it
    • Posted

I'm only at 104 r.o.m. At 7 weeks post opt.  Is this something to be concerned about ? I'm working out three times a day join therapy once a week now I have a doctors appointment on Thursday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.