Post Opp TKR

Posted , 6 users are following.

9 weeks post opp. The last 24hrs my scar has been very Sorry, up until then it's been no problem at all, could not even have Bed Quilt on me last night and today it's been so sensitive to touch has anybody else had this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried  plastic wrap over the sensitive area? I know it sounds crazy, but I used it for a week or two when I had a very sensitive area. I’m going to paste a link, but if it doesn’t work, look up “Saran wrap for TKR” on YouTube. I didn’t like the feeling  of plastic wrap all around my knee, so I just cut appropriately sized pieces and then pulled a legging over my knee.  The plastic kept the nerves from screaming any time the bed covers touched my knee.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

I was told you have to desensitise it. Massage with Bio Oil & use different textures on it ie a rough shower massage mitt or a loofa. Just try anything you can think of. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi,

I have been using Diclofenac gel to help numb my scar when it bothers me. I have heard that scar sensitivity is common and desensitizing it is what is needed. I have been working on this as well. As we both are at 9 weeks, how are you doing with your ROM?

• Posted

Hi Kathleen I have not heard of that Gel, but I will mention it to Dr. To be honest I do not know what my ROM is. I gave got o e more Hydrophery then I start a bit of Physio. Then they can tell me what it is. I go to

Wateraerobics and a Body Conditioning class. I am so.pjeased with myself today I managed to do the 45mins class, then went to do some shopping then walked home. It will be 9 weeks this Wednesday. How are you doing ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.