Post Ovarian Cyst Surgery Questions (please help)

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just had my ovarian cyst removed via laparotomy. It has been about a week now. I’ve begun to realize that near the incision there is now an odd bump of swelling. Also when i press on it i can feel like a hard small tube. Is this normal? Is it suppose to feel like that and be there???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey

Best advice if your worried is just to phone your GP. Better for them just to check it out and put your your mind your mind at ease.

Don't feel worried about phoning them that's what they are there for. And you've just had surgery it's best to keep on top of any concerns x

- Vicky

• Posted

What you can feel are the stitches where  thay have sewn the muscle under the cut in the skin. It will go down, but never goes altogether. Nothing to worry about.
  • Posted

Yes, I had the same thing from my laparotomy.

I was really swollen for about 3 months after the surgery and along the incision line it does feel "hard"... I'm at 4 months post op now and it's gone down.

My Doctor said it was normal but for sure ask yours at your post op apt. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.