Post prolapse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi at week 6 of a&p prolapse repair, at week 4 I had a bad sickness and diarrhea bug, resulting in a lot of pain from my repairs also noticed a rather large stitch had come away, since then I've got the bulge back in-between my back passage and front ,has anyone else had this problem i feel like I've got a small prolapse back also at times after emptying my bowels I'm having to push part of my back passage back in

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Matron wilon expound to you love when she s on, how do you know you have he bulge back if you don't mind me asking
  • Posted

Hello Melons please don't worry a stitch coming away at 4 weeks is perfectly normal and so is the bulge. It's normal swelling after the surgery.
    • Posted

Matron, I thought it was but didn't want to comment, you know what. I Am like I have had every Simpton that the A&P has to offer lol.

i still have the heaveyness tingerlin at times but not all the time, if I do somthing for the first time it seams to wipe me out, I went to the caravan Friday 2 hours travel,on Saturday I was awfull by Sunday I had recovers again god it does take a long time to heal xx but it did me the world of good, I Evan went to the club to watch the singer and had three vodkas x

i hope you are keeping well 😄

• Posted

Thanks, was a little worried, I even went to the GP today about it and she is writing to the consultant to get my post op appointment sooner as not booked till 18weeks after my op
    • Posted

Hi, omg I know what you meen I am six week today and no were near recovered, I still get the tingling and throbbing bulges fealing do you love?

i am a very tough person and I have cried buckets 

• Posted

Having s & d at 4 weeks post op must have been horrible for you! Hope you keep well for the rest of your recovery. Good idea to see consultant sooner & get it checked out. Good luck.
    • Posted

I'm like you I'm a strong person but the pain from this has reduced me to tears ,I'm on strong painkillers as at the moment there's no let you ,I feel that I'm taking 1 step forward and 2 back , I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will feel like a New Women soon , if I walk for longer than 10 mins I feel like I want to hold it up do you get that, I do feel that more information is needed post op instead of a little booklet saying what you should be doing at certain weeks cos I'm nothing like the booklet lol
    • Posted

Sorry I'm new to this I was replying to Gillian 22766, but thank-you for your comment and yes it was pretty awful having d & s it knocked me off my feet
    • Posted

I know 6 weeks probably feels like a long time but it's still early days. You will soon feel stronger. Make a note of any questions for the doctor in case you forget (my mind always goes blank as soon as I walk in the door!) Let us know how you get on. X
    • Posted

Good point Imnotadoctor. About a year ago I put together a list of questions that women could ask at their appointment. Once I started I had so many that I thought the poor consultant would have lost the will to live 😂. Being on this forum made me realise just how difficult it was walking into that consulting room and your mouth goes dry then you forget everything you wanted to ask.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.