Post prostate removal surgery pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had robotic removal prostate surgery 3-30-17. Have had constant pain in the prostate cavity area . Pain kept me from doing the kegels until I doubled up on pain meds(Gabapentin 300 mg four times a day. Almost pain free after 3 months and had reached normal bladder control. Now after 5 radiation sessions, am having bad pain in the pelvic area. Should I stop radiation? My PSA has been 0 less than 1 in 3 tests since surgery. I had a hormone shot. Need help!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My surgery was only 2 days prior to yours.  I basically had no pain.  Took gabapentin the day before surgery and 2 days afterwards.  took oxycotin for about a week mainly to keep me still.  Don't remember pain.  Anyway, my initial Post op was .15 and this past week .19.  I am having a PET SCAN with axumin next week.  POSSIBLE recommended treatment may be external beam radiation 4-6 weeks.  Though a decision will probably be made in 2 weeks the dr said it isn't necessary to begin IMMEDIATELY but the sooner the better.  Unless the PET Scan comes back ugly he specifically indicated ADT treatment would not be appropriate for a while.

My question for you is why was the radiation treatment started so early post op and likewise ADT.  What exactly were your PSAs?  Also what was your Gleason score at surgery?  What I have been reading, post op radiation salvage treatment decisions are partially included based on Gleason score,etc.

Did you find out the cause of your pain?

Richard98806

• Posted

After my RARP I had pan near the bladder and was recommended Amytripyiline which worked very well. Look into that medication.

I want to echo Richard when he asks why you had radiation somsoon agtee surgery?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.