Post-Rectocele Repair--Labia Stitched Wrong! Anyone have this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, I know it's early days still, but I"m 5 weeks post-op and have mostly healed. I still have a burning, pinching pain all along the right side of my vulva/labia that hurts pretty much all the time. Now that the swelling is better, that's the bulk of my pain. I looked down there with a mirror and found that the robotic stitching pulled my right inner labia into the opening of my vagina, pulling it completely taught. Nevermind the weird appearance of having only one inner lip now, it HURTS. I'm so scared and upset. I've read that doctors won't typically fix a problem like this because it's considered mainly aesthetic, but this seriously hurts. I don't want to have to wait for it to "stretch over time" and I'm not happy about being completely lopsided! Have any of you experienced this?!?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi LaZgardener,

Not had my inner lips pulled in like that, but was left with very tight stitching on the left mainly at back at perinium and also at the front end just inside the vagina both sides. 

I am over 2 years post op for A&P and still getting pain and nippy discomfort when on my feet for more than a hour now. 

The front wall develops a bulge when I spend more than an hour on my feet and this bulging stretches the scar tissue around front inside the vagina and also walking seems to pull on thin tissue around back opening of vagina around edge of perinium.

The longer I continue on my feet the nipper the tissue gets and eventually bulge gets bigger and then I get pain in the lower pelvic floor at the back like a dull toothache

My sister reckoned it would all slacken off but instead it's stretching already thin tissue. 

Don't think they can do more repairs till a minimum amount of time passes after a repair, can't remember but think it's a few months.

x

• Posted

I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

Please go back to your surgeon and ask no why you are left like that.

I know they won't do more surgery till 6 to 12 months after as your body needs to heal from this one.

I know how devastating it is. I had one failed repair last year and I was so traumatised. Keep strong and get back to see your consultant.xxx

• Posted

Hi Ladies,

Saw my surgeon today and am happy to report that I was stitched up just fine. It turns out I have spasmed vaginal muscles from the trauma and it just so happened that the day I looked things were spasmed more on one side than the other. She's sending me to physical therapy to address the spasms, but otherwise I am healing well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.