Post Rezum: Week 8

Posted , 7 users are following.

After having the Rezum procedure 8 weeks ago my Uro agreed that I could stop taking the Flomax. I have been peeing pretty good and I was just wondering how much Flomax contributed to my peeing ability and how much credit should be given to the Rezum procedure? Also how long after stopping the Flomax meds does it take for it to leave your system? I still have some side effects after 5 days but don't know if they're Flowmax related. This may be a complicated issue, but if anyone would share their experience it would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I got off Flowmax 2-1/2 weeks ago and noticed almost immediately that my flow at night was not as strong as it was while taking it, however, my volume is between 250 and 350 with no PVR, so don't need it. Had Rezum on 12/14 and consider it a success.

• Posted

what was your prostate size before the procedure and now a few months down the road?

• Posted

Hey Timothy,

I stopped the Flowmax 5 days ago and haven't noticed any difference yet in flow or volume. That's why I was wondering if it was too soon to make a difference. My flow is decent at the beginning but slows down after about the first 100 ml. I usually void 125-150 ml and don't feel any PVR but my follow up is next month to measure PVR. Had Rezum on 1/31/19 and am pleased with the results thus far, but it's still too early for me to measure success. I am paranoid though due to my previous experience with AUR.

• Posted

75g before, no tests done after, so don't know. That was one of my questions to the Dr, , but the answer was something like "Its not the size that matters, but where the tissue is removed that makes it work", so I'm assuming not much. I read somewhere 40%, but not sure I believe that.

• Posted

I haven't had Rezum but I can tell you that if I stop Flomax/Tamsulosin it takes a couple of days probably and I notice - so my guess is about 2 days - after that there might be low levels but probably not enough to help you pee, If you have RE - if that is what you mean by "side effects" it might unfortunately be due to the Rezum. I think there is a 10% chance for that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.