Post rotator cuff pain.

Posted , 3 users are following.

7 weeks after the op and a week after sling removal. I am finding my shoulder very painful and the exercises very difficult. My physio says I may have a frozen shoulder but only some of the symptoms. I only have physio once a fortnight which I dont feel is enough and leaves me feeling anxious as I cannot tell if all this is normal! I do appreciate that all my muscles are week having been immobile for so long but my mood has taken a nose dive and I would really like someone to tell me this is all par for the course!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had my sling removed at week 6 after starting therapy at 2 weeks. Sling removal was a relief but still opened me to a new world of pain. After supported for so long, the weight of the shoulder hanging hurts. I am at 10 weeks and am still having issues moving my arm outward just beyond neutral. My wrist is very painful being flared up by exercises after being immobilized for so long. Frozen shoulder issues as well. Everyone seems to be different, but the pain is consistent. I was told not to expect much relief till around 3 months post op. Hopefully that's the case for both of us.    

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply Bill! I agree with everything you say and we do sound remarkably similar! Yes losing the sling was a huge relief especially with the hot weather, but as you say opened up a new world of pain - predominantly in upper arm! My wrist and hand really worried me as they were swollen and stiff right until the sling came off. Fortunately improved significantly now although still a way to go. I feel a lot better for your reply - so thanks again. Wishing us both a speedier recovery!
  • Posted

You both are still very early in your recovery. Be patient. I know that is hard to be, I was so ready to feel better.It will take 6 months to a year to be completely healed from this. Best wishes!
    • Posted

Hi. Yes you are absolutely right. But apart from the worry of my wrist and hand I was so lucky to have had an absolute minimum of pain for the y weeks in the sling. So it has come as a huge shock which no one prepares you for, to find myself in such pain. Also I must admit to being a worrier - so constantly find myself thinking I have done someting wrong! Physio fortnightly is not helpful either as I need more reassurance than every 14 days! Thank you for your reassurance - it is appreciated. Best wishes to you also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.