Post sacrocolpopexy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had this op almost a year ago after an earlier op for hysterectomy, anterior and posterior repairs. I had hoped last year's procedure would have improved rectal problems, but unfortunately no.

I have a variety of symptoms but the main one is if pressure in the rectum, as if a weight is bearing down. No day is the same so bowel motions, ( lots of trips to loo in one day, or a day with no motions ) but discomfort is guaranteed. Some days a 30 minute walk is no problem. At other times I have to lie down several times a day.

Does anyone else have this problem and, if so, any tips for coping?

Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Such a pain in every sense! The discomfort you feel may be due to piles, especially if you are going to the loo a lot after a period of constipation. Drinking water helps and you can get medication from the doctor which softens stools and make them easier to pass. Raising your feet on a box, just 18ins or so, and leaning slightly forward helps too. I walk around the house a bit to get my system going. Our prolapse lady told us never to ignore a signal to open the bowels but to take a bit of time over passing urine to keep the bladder 'trained' . I also invested in a KEGEL 8, this is a clever pelvic toner to help keep any further prolapse at bay. Is it worth going to your doctor to check out the state of play to find out what is going on?

Hope everything sorts itself out. 😃

• Posted

hi

I would almost definitely be going back to my consultant. he can examine yiu to check nothing hadnt prolapse.

this is very common hun sk please get it checked.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.