Post Scabies

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone!! can someone please she shed some light on the whole post scabies episode... how do you now what is a post scabies bump or an active infection?? i have two Small children, i can’t stands to see this happening to my babies anymore. how many treatments did you have to do to finally get cured? Im not sure how long we had it before symptoms started. I just need some words of encouragement... it’s been two months now of me feeling like a psychopath. Thank you for taking the time to comment

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

If you have bites or feel crawling, it's not post scabies. They doctor kept telling me it's post scabies..even with active bites. Once we started treating again with salt baths, dr. ben's evictor oil, it started going away. We're still in the thick of it, but salt baths, far infrared sauna (and heating pad) is killing them.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

God Bless you.

• Posted

thank you for commenting. i used sulfur soap two night ago and my skin had a bad reaction by morning. my neck was red and bumpy itchy rash, when it wasn’t prior to that. i feel like all the treating is further irritating my skin and it’s hard to tell anymore...

• Posted

Dearest Momma:

I have been where you are.

I'm thinking that what you may be calling a "rash" is the scabies trying to run from the treatments you are giving yourself and your children. I would treat every rash, dot, bite, etc. an active infestation until the sores are not itching anymore and there is a healing of all the skin. This stuff takes FOREVER!

What I found was that after all infestation was finally finished, my sores stopped itching, the bumps went away and nothing ever returned.

Having Scabies was such a horrible experience with all this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine how hard it must be to have small children also infested along with me. I will be praying for your release. Don't give up!!!!!!! We have tasted freedom and made it back !I don't keep up much with this group but I have my eye on it and I will pray that all received healing and find what works for them.

Jen

• Posted

Jen,

Thank you so much for commenting. I am just at a loss. I am covered in the most itchiest rash from my neck down that appeared 3 days ago. My kids are also itching but do not have what i have. The new derm yesterday said contact dermatitis. I told her my kids are itching. She said " prob because they see you itching". What the heck is that??

When you say treat every rash, do you mean spot treat? And with permethrin?

Are little scratch marks a sign of them?

Thank you

• Posted

"Contact Dermatitis" that's why my whole family has scabies. The woman I got it from was advised that it was just a case of contact dermatitis. I went to another dermatologist who said the same thing..though he originally diagnosed us with scabies. When the medicine doesn't work, they think it's something else. The scratch marks are definitely a sign of them. My kids had them and that's the burrow marks. Treat that with permethrin too.

We have permethrin resistant mites. You can use witch hazel to pop out the mites. You'll see black dots and red. Red is a definite scabie. We have seen it on the microscope. Monday will be 5 months, 20 weeks of dealing with this. We have spent $25,000 to battle it. Thank God we have a medical person now willing to help us. We are doing albenza, which pushes the mites out of teh skin, but you need to use a topical too, otherwise they just sit there and wait for the medicine to go away.

• Posted

That’s what im scared of, the resistant scabies...

nobody is taking me seriously. what kind of typical do you use if they are resistant? how did you find the Doctor to help you??

• Posted

I am so sorry. I don't know if you have permethrin resistant. start praying that God will send you a medical person for help.

Have you tried tea tree or clove as a topical?

also orange and lemon oil can help too.

o started ordering offshore for permethrine and other topicals much cheaper.

God bless you.

• Edited

I had an unrelated medical event that has put me off of the weekly albenza for now. We are waiting until I heal up to continue. I took too much of l - arginine to combat the effects of my heart from ivermectin side effect. It jacked up my blood pressure, we thought I had a stroke. So we are using colloidal silver and crotamiton right now. I like crotamiton much better than permethrin..it actually does something for us.

How are you shannan?

• Posted

oh man I’m sorry to hear that...

my doc has put on perm every 3 days four times...and then onto an infectuous disease doctor if it doesnt work. we havent tried that topical yet...but i read its not the best for kids?? is that true??

how much ivermectin did you take!?! that med freaks me out more than all of them. the long term side effects of all this s**t really makes me nervous for my kids.

i wish this nightmare would end

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.