Post scabies or reinfected?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive been dealing with scabies since october didnt know what it was till December 2016 didnt the Permethrin treatment thats days and a week late washed bedding and laundry in hot water, vacuumed and everything, my boyfriend had it too bendid the treatment as well. We were healing everything was clearing up till about 4 weeks later i slept at my house and boom next couple of days new bumps appeard its been momths now and no one other than me and him are showing signs. Its stsrted to get worse but not like before i just kept getting itchy bumps that would pop up then sometimes vanish like they werent even there i thought maybe it was still post scabies then i went to a derm she never said i had it again she said post scabies can last up to 6 months! she gave me Ivermectin itching stopped immediately then i did the treatment again a week later. The day of my next appointment i woke up to 3 new bumps she did a skin scape and only found scabies poop. So i did another treatment and ive still been getting bumps daily ( still not like before when i had it) and im getting scared im reinfected im not sure if im seeing scabie tracks but ill find random lil red lines (not itchy) mainly on my legs they definitely dont look like the pictures ive seen of track marks ugh please someone help me out .

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dead Sea salt. Take baths with it. Rub it on your skin mixed with water. And lots of tea tree and neem oil. Don't eat sugar or carbs. Take turmeric. You'll get rid of it!

• Posted

i have been dealing with scabies for 8 months now the problem is abating but not gone i am about to start another round of in depth house cleaning which will be neccessary for months.

until this last month i have used lyclear 5% permethrin and derbac m as recommended now i use them every 2.5 days as the eggs hatch at 3 days so I catch them before they do as they not only reinfect you they enter your environment. If they are in your environment they get on you!

House cleaning every nook and cranny ceiling lights light bulbs ceilings walls carpets curtains bedding clothes cupboards absolutely everything in the house even pin holes in the walls. i have used a combination of total mite kill and bleach (not quite raw bleach add a little water as this creates sulphur dioxide which together melts the components of chitin (Scabies outer protective shell/armour). also cleaned front and back yards doors windows and dustbins. its a gradual process and unless you are home all day everday to clean it will take months. They lay eggs in your environment which hatch they love lace certain metals (which they corrode) and soft furnishings. mattress sprayed every day and steamed before use

The car has been steam cleaned including the engine and is vacummed 3 x per week and everything wiped down. i live in one room now and clothes are washed on 60 degrees and 90 degrees whites with bleach. clothes are ironed inside and out as some still survive hoover once to twice per day. You have to develop OCD with cleaning

I get the odd outbreak now instead of continuous prescence and things are improving and i can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

• Posted

I have the answer due to faith in the Lord which cured me from scabies after 2 months of physical, mental and spiritual rollercoaster..if you can call me on 0420 684 569 (Australian mobile, PS I was cured by using pyrithium which i sprayed on my beddings every time I got in and out and also Lyclear x3-4 every 3 days. Pyrethrum is the natural active ingredient found in Lyclear and is the most effective by far. Also I didn't shower with soap and used mild temperature so the itch will not be triggerred. You can in buy pyrethium in a hardware store as it's used as a natural insecticide hence it's safe)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.