Post- splenectomy Pains

Posted , 15 users are following.

I had an emergency splenectomy in 2013 due to the trauma to my left side in a pretty bad accident. My spleen was ruptured and it had to be taken out to save me. But I've been having pains in my abdomen...begins on the left side and grows from that point to my back and other parts of my abdomen. I've been in and out of the hospital until last Sunday, all the diagnosis and prognosis aren't what it is. Is anyone experiencing this? I am up to date on vaccines and all.

I can neither lie down nor seat when it begins, I can only kneel forward to ease the pain. I throw up several times and passed out a few times too. I have used so many painkillers including tramadol and pentazo, which is injected.

I believe most doctors here don't know how to manage a patient with my condition.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Hello.I had my spleen removed about 3 years ago. Ever since every now and then I get what feels like someone is kicking me were my spleen. Just wondering if this is normal
  • Edited

i am experiencing pulsating abdomen pain as well as rapidly increasing lower to mid back pain. I had my spleen removed seven days ago it had ruptured due to trauma. started with the onset of neck /shoulder pain before i went to sleep. I woke up screaming from the severe pain in my shoulder and upper left abdomen.

Should i go back to the hospital???

• Posted

Hi Marie!

I'm sorry about how you feel.

please go back to the hospital. had that a few times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.