Post stroke

Posted , 4 users are following.

I Had a brainstem stroke 3 years ago,I was pretty fortunate to come out in fairly good shape, but was left with a mmovable sensation on my right side. It almost went away but recently has came back, it goes all the way to my face which is most bothering. I went back to my family doc and was told that I'm pretty much stuck with it. Anybody have any recommendations on getting a little bit of the feeling back?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have all the symptoms of a stroke but tests inconclusive I'm left with a droopy mouth and weakness right side in my leg and foot blurred vision poor speech with no answers diagnosed with migraine but still need answers all this started laSt july
    • Posted

The only thing you can do is try some exercises or request some physio
    • Posted

I have numbness right side of my face and still no answers I'm left with a twisted smile there are support groups out there just look them up in your area it will help build ur confidence and self esteem
  • Posted

I had a cerebral haemorrhage stroke 18 months ago and the neuro physio said that I would never end up perfect, better but not perfect, because it is different to normal physio. The muscles etc. rely on the nerves sending signals from the brain and if that chian is broken, there is not really anything they can do.

Did you have physio when you came out of hospital?

• Posted

Hi Bruce,

I am not sure as I was in cuckooland for approx. 1 year I was told put her in a home, also told I wont walk again,  I walk a small way before back give in but it is still walking, Just ask a physio for help, we have defied all the odds so do not give up now,  ask for moves to help you.  Never give up on yourself, now go out there and give everyone a smile,  can I ask you to try something,  okay when down and feeling bad about what happened think of a happy time when you have really laughed and keep that thought then smile bring the corners of your mouth upwards to your eyes and all though you may think "whats she on about" try a smile, keep an old misery happy please lol xx  Now try it xx Good luck

• Posted

Hiya ive been having stroke symptoms for far too long now slurred speech droopy mouth went to doc and he basically said any one can droop there mouth or slurr there speech why would I fake it he said he wanted to see it happen well I'm sorry Im not an actress and I can't do it on que

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.