Post stroke neuropathic pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi month I had a post stroke neuropathic pain and I found out some brain damage and I am having a five day heart machine on

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon

I suffered a stroke, one and a half month ago, fortunately it was a mild one with no sequel. The brain is a strange machine that works as it wants. I am still recovering and feel tired. You have to be strong, and I am sure you are, and things will get better. Another important thing is to talk with people and not let what you feel inside of you. That is one reason why I am in this group. Not only to share my experience but also to hear from all of you what to do to get much better and not to let feelings inside. Faycal

• Posted

Hi Sharon

I didn't believe l had had a stroke until l saw my cat/Kat scan and saw a mark on my brain a blood clot. That was almost 3years ago apart from extreme exhaustion and feeling weak on my left side l lead quite a normal life. My sister says  I'm like l always was but with my engine switched off. An excellent description of how l feel daily due to my tiredness. I think we always see ourselves as we were and it takes quite a bit of adjustment to realise we are not.  I always feel disappointed because l can't do the things l once did l can't swim as l use to due to my weak left side. The same with running. I can't clean my house without help if a cleaner. There is a lot of adjustment to make but when people meet me they are quite shocked to realise I've had a stroke as there is no obvious signs. Good luck to you Sharon the only way is up keep thinking positively. I wish you a speedy recovery out of pain. 

Therapy Girl

• Posted

Hi Sharon again

I hope that you are better now? I am starting feeling much better but still have a fear that it'll strike again. Time goes by and the brain feels better, however I am under treatment and I don't intend to stop it. I think that there will always be a kind of "Damocles Sword" following me. That is what I am scared of. The last thing, I am more tired than before. I cannot do a lot of things I used to do. But I am much better and that is great.

Please don't hesitate to share your feelings with us.

All the best

Fayçal

• Posted

Yes Faycal the fear that it will strike again will always be there - a damocles sword indeed! But if we take our medication promptly coupled with diet and exercise, the chances of striking again is minimized by as much as 66% ( according to my neurologist).
  • Posted

After I had a mini stroke I had a post stroke neuropathic
  • Posted

Hi sharon

I also had a mild stroke last january. I have some visou-spatial deficit everytime i walk. It is mild though. But i feel i am not the same as before. Post stroke neuropathy is the effect months or years after a stroke. I felt mine three months after- a tingling burning sensation on the sole of my feet. Luckily, it didnt get worse so far. I am taking my meds daily to avoid a recurrent stroke. WE HAVE TO AVOID IT BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE OUR CONDITION WORSE. Try to Keep your spirit high to avoid depression.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.