Post Surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

It is now 8 days since my Cervical ADR surgery and things looking good. My walking has greatly improved, still slow and extending distance each day but legs pain free at present. Still have alot of pain in neck and shoulders but it is easeing, also pain in left arm where surgeon knocked a nerve is now calming down to tolrable. Hope everyone is in good spirits and enjoying the weather.

Regards Tony

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tony

Sounds like you're doing well!

Gives me hope for when I have mine done so keep us informed of your progress please.

Take care

Lyn

• Posted

Hi Lyn

Thanks for reply things do seem to be going well at the moment, will keep you informed. When do you expect to have it done?

Regards Tony

• Posted

Hi Tony

Not sure when but see the Neuro Surgeon in August. Having a number of tests to decide extent and precise whereabouts of the nerve damage and problems with cervical stenosis etc etc!

Hopefully will find out what they are planning to do and when I see him in August.

Hoping whatever they decide to do will relieve some of this pain and enable me to move a around a bit better than I am.

Totally fed up at the moment but hey ho, thats life.

Take care and let me know how you get on

Lyn

• Posted

Hi Lyn

Mine was C5/C6 and the ADR surgery seems to have cured the myelopathy that was causing my walking and arm problems which is great, just like you I wanted some of my mobility back. The rest of the problems I will have to wait and see once healing proccess is complete. I have my follow up appointment in august and can then discuss if anything else needs doing. Hope your appointment goes well and they come up with the correct procedure for you.

Regards Tony

• Posted

Hi Tony,

I'm glad to hear that you are improving. Sorry I have replied earlier but some of us have been a bit sidetracked, must be the weather.

A mud-free Glastonbury and Wimbledon, is this a first?

I see the neurosurgeon in two weeks. The chappy I saw at neurology ruled out surgery for me but I am being refered for a second opinion. My disc problems are with c3/4 & c6/7. There are other problems with all my cervical vertibrae such as stenosis, osteophytes, stalagmites, stalagtights and a few tectonic plates.

Pains are getting worse in neck, I am tying to make the most of my bus pass but travelling on the clapped out old bangers that we have in Cornwall is rather uncomfortable when you have cs.

Gerry is looking into the possibility of starting a CS website. When things get back to normal more info will be posted about this.

Alan has gone fishing.

Best of luck with the recovery.

Cheers,

Janner

P.S. When you are better can you teach England how to play football?

Knackered though we are I bet we could have done a better job.

• Posted

P.P.S

Darn it, no matter how many times we check before posting we always spot a mistake or two afterwards.

We need a spell checker here.

Janner

• Posted

Hi Janner and Tony

No football talk allowed on this site and that is the law. Any more and I will have you both arrested for breach of my rights as a female (and I have lost all my soaps due to damned football). SO NO MORE PLEASE!!!!

Anyway, that's my rant for today!

Don't worry Janner, I keep a careful eye on spelling mistakes and will keep records for future use against you! Beware

Regards

Lyn(I hate football)b

• Posted

Hi Lyn

dont blame me I never mentioned football, I cant stand it myself. Now look what you have made me do I mentioned the unmentionable word. I have got fed up trying to find something worth watching on telly after all I am resting getting over surgery, you would think they would have more consideration.

Regards Tony [I hate football]

• Posted

I never said I liked football.

Silly game, 22 grown men running around a field kicking a bag of wind.

Nearly as bad as golf, walking around a field hitting your balls with an iron club. Not my idea of fun. At least cs rules out silly sports.

Night night all.

Janner

• Posted

Hi All,

Just for the record, for those who read a previous posting of mine, I am not actually a trainspotter neither do I own an anorak. It is just that we are lucky to have a lot of steam engines visiting Cornwall this year. I, like many people, like to see steam. However, cs makes photography a bit difficult these days.

That's all for today as I'm in a lot of pain.

Cheers,

Janner

• Posted

Hi Everyone I'm still here where is everybody? Please come back as I'm recovering from surgery and feeling lonely.

Regards Tony

• Posted

HI Tony

Hope it's going well. It's not like we have'nt been busy elsewhere ! Watching the footy, I mean. I must be the only addict here judgeing by previous posts. No comment on the trainspotting...sounds a bit dangerous to me !

RegardsGerry

• Posted

Hi Tony,

We're all still here, but you need to look on our group pages as well.

Yes Gerry Trainspotting can be dangerous when you have cs, anyway there's nothing to intertest me now until September. I was thinking out taking up UFO spotting but it will hurt my neck too much. CS can spoil a lot of activities, we have an air show in Cornwall this month but I can't watch that either, nor the national firework championships at Plymouth.

Cs really is a pain in the neck.

:cheers:

Janner

• Posted

Hi Janner

As a Plan B, so to speak, why not join a UFO spotting group. OOOPs, sorry, seems you already have !!

Your comments raise yet another issue for me. So often, we with C/S can't get involved in what we would really like to be doing because of possible counter reactions. So, what do we do. Sit at home and feel frustrated...that's a regular feeling and difficult to avoid. It's the first reaction that anyone would normally have to having their Plan A turned upside down.

It's probably a good idea to have a Plan B , and even a Plan C, which include activities more suitable to a C/S bad phase, already prepared . Perhaps Plan B , or Plan C, should really be Plan A. And Plan A should be relegated to Plan Z. The one thing about finding something interesting to do, even if it is trainspotting (sorry), is that it must be interesting enough to hold your attention and this will be different for everyone. For instance , doesn't spotting the same train twice get a bit boring. For that matter, are'nt all trains the same. It's ok, i don't really want to know !!

I think I've figured it out now. If I dedicate my Plan B to figuring out what my Plan C should be, and likewise use Plan C to figure out what Plan D should be, it might start looking like I'm a very busy person, always planning.

Until, that is, I get to Plan Z, which is really Plan A, which in turn gets superimposed with Plan B and the whole cycle kicks off again.

I see a new leaflet on the way \" How to Avoid Planning \" !!

Hope everyone finds this helpful.

Regards

Gerry :zen:

• Posted

PS.....

For those of you who pretend you're not interested in football ( usually means your local team is **** ) , relegation is what usually happens to teams like Portsmouth, Barnsley and Hull at the end of the season. Next year it will also apply to Liverpool !

Gerry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.