Post surgery - any advice?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Yesterday, I had a small gynecological surgery to get rid of fusions between the urethra and the clitoris due to LS. They were supposed to tear the fusions apart since that would be more gentle than cutting with a knife. It was done under narcosis. However, the fusions seem to a large extent still be intact but I have wounds on top of and on the side of my clitoris, areas that I basically wanted them to stay away from... Strange. Could the operating dr have been badly informed? I came from the dermatology department to gyn just for the op. On the positive side, the postoperative pain is bearable but I am instructed to treat with clobetasol two times daily and stretch the area as much as I can already now. This hurts a lot and I am also bleeding. Does anyone have experience from something similar? I don't want the op to be useless if the fusions come back immediately so I do my best. First I apply lidocaine, then wash this away before applying clobetasol and stretching with my fingers. But it feels like a very rough procedure. I have a dilator set at home but I didn't dare to try this yet so shortly after the op. On thursday, I will go back to see my skindr. Hopefully, I will get some more information then. But I would really appreciate all advice from you ladies. Sadly to say, the doctors do not seem to know that much.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

OMG ULLis, what an awful procedure and post surgery situation. I do hope that it helps you cry 
  • Posted

Every night I cut a vitamin E capsule and gentle rub this in and use it to stretch my skin. Mornings after a shower I do the same but with Paw Paw ointment. It has been working a treat for me. Hope you have some success. I’m not so sure about the clobetesol on broken skin. 

Good luck Ullis and I hope you are feeling back to “normal” soon

• Posted

That sounds very good Deb.

Wonder if that is worth trying ULLis. Poor you!

Shea butter is also good for healing, needs to be sqashed up a bit because otherwise it's a hard lump.If skin is wet and it's rubbed on gently it will cover the skin.

Best of luck

Maggie x

• Posted

Thank you very much for the advice! I will try these creams as soon as I am through with the healing. Today, I had my first postop checkup and the dr was satisfied. They want me to switch to a weaker steroid to promote healing and also start physiotherapy with dilators. The opening still feels quite tight and I might have to do another surgery lateron but hopefully smooth dilating every second day will be helpful. It's a strange feeling overall to expose my private parts like this, putting a dilator into my vagina under the supervision of one dr and one midwife and then additionally being photographed down under. I feel a bit like a freak...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.