Post surgery bartholin glands removed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had both glands removed on 9/29/15. I am bruised completely from front to back & REALLY swollen. Having a lot of pain & discomfort also. I woke up to a lot of blood with clots this morning. Is this normal 5 days post op?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I would think that us pretty normal. I had one gland removed and it was like that for about a week. It's a pretty gruesome surgery, especially if you have both removed. I would probably call your doctor if anything feels wrong though.
    • Posted

Megan, how long ago did u have the surgery? I had it 3 months ago but would like to ask u more questions about it...
  • Posted

I hope you are doing better now.  I bled heavily for about one week, but didn't have clots.  The area was rather hard and I spoke with one of the surgeons and she said that is normal.  I was prescribed Estrace cream and told to use that to soften up the area.  Any concerns though, please call the doctor.  
    • Posted

Susan, I would like to talk about the surgery please. How long ago u had it done. Could u call me sometime?
    • Posted

I had it done a week ago. It had been really painful. A lot of bruising & swelling. I expected some but it was way more than expected. By far the most painful thing I've experienced. Are you planning on having it?
    • Posted

Sorry, I just your message sophy.  I had my surgery on 7/7/2015.  You can always private message me.
    • Posted

Susan, I have my moments were I feel like its getting better. Then next thing I know its throbbing again. On my 4th day of bleeding. Has slowed up some. Seems easier to sit & get back up
    • Posted

Yes, I had that rollercoaster of discomfort too.  I remember I felt pretty good the first few days after surgery - but that was because I was taking more pain medicine.  As I tapered of the medicine, I felt more of course.  And then I think as you heal there are all sorts of twinges and throbs.  It's been three months now for me and I have some days when I can feel it stinging a bit. It's good to know that I will never have some horrible flare up.  And of course since I am 50, it is good to know that mine wasn't cancer.
  • Posted

Hi margo

How r u doing today, where do u live? I'm in texas, usa.....also just had the glands removed....

Please update us on how u doin

• Posted

On my 4th day of bleeding. Some of the swelling & bruising is going away. I still have one spot on my upper right labia that is hard & swollen. It is really painful if anything touches it. But its getting easier to sit.
    • Posted

One big question to all who had the gland removed....

Where was the incision done? Inside the vagina or right outside...What I mean by that is if u can actually see the incision with a mirror or not???

I've heard of both cases but don't know the difference...

Mine is inside. Can't see it.

• Posted

I can not see mine. But I have been really swollen. I've pretty much only had problems with the one side though. The left side feels as if I've never had anything done

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.