Post surgery Clicking and cracking in neck

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 5 months post op. I sometimes hear clicking, and sometimes crunching or cracking sounds in my neck throughout the day. Also, If I tilt my head to left and extend it a bit I can get my neck to crack like a knuckle. It doesn’t hurt, but I never had these things happen before surgery...so any of u notice the same things with your neck?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

YES YES YES. my surgeon said it was fine. however I am thinking it causes more headaches the more I crack it throughout the day. I still am not convinced its 'safe' lol. I do massage 2-3 times a month to help it out. 

• Posted

Hey there!

My neck does that all the time. It's quite worrisome. I haven't been decompressed. How are you beside that? 

• Posted

In some ways better in some ways the same....I’m 5 months post op, so maybe I’ll get better with time.

My jaws still clicks or pops and and feels kind of throbbing, gets worse the more I talk. I may have a tmj issue, but I sought tmj treatment for 3 years and that hasn’t gotten better. My neck still is sore and tight and varies in the severity from time to time. I take Tylenol extra strength to help, it sometimes helps but sometimes it doesn’t seem to help. Towards the end of my work day I’m fatigued, my head and neck are still achy, and my facial muscles are tight and achy....however, I do believe I am better off than before...I would advocate for surgery because at least there is hope in improving 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.