Post Surgery Issue of Gall Bladder

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone... I pray and hope that soon we will sort out all our health issues. Its been a year now after my gb out but still everyday Im experiencing stomach issues. Thanks God diarrhea is controllable now but what makes me anxious and stress is every night in the middle of my sleep Im waking up suddenly because I have heart palpitation, my body is cold and shaking and I feel Im out of oxygen because Im breathless. I dont know what to do. Im just managing it through drinking warm water and eat little bit salty crackers or taking a spoon of honey then thanks God after one or two hours I will become little bit relax. Is there anyone here experiencing heart palpitation after gb out?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Have you been back to your doctor with this? I still have a gb with stones but have a hiatal hernia and have had times of these palpitations at night and rushes of adrenaline. It can also be due to low blood sugars. I eating helps that may point to something like this. I was told to eat more protein and fat - not easy with gb trouble! It is not a nice thing to experience though.

​Maybe someone will reply who has the same after gb removal, I wish you well and hope you will find an answer soon.

• Posted

Hope you can schedule surgery soon and on the road to recovery.

Had hernia surgery it's tough. It will be such a relief to have those darn stones in the gb removed too! 

• Posted

Hi! I haven't had the heart palpitations but I know anxiety will do that. It is very hard to relax when you are in pain. I dread going to sleep in pain. Try listening to some soothing music. I actually found a station on my phone that is ocean noises. It helps. I can only sleep on my back for now and that puts pressure where my pain is. Deep breaths. We are the ones experiencing this. My daughter listens but no one can really understand how we feel. I hope you can find something to soothe you. Feel better.

• Posted

Thank you so much Mona54. Stress can also a big reason of heart palpitation. I hope soon will feel better and back to my normal life... I really pray for it.
  • Posted

I had the same problem after surgery. The dr prescribed  enzymes to replace the gb enzymes that had helped break up foods . 

The GB has enzymes that help break up foods naturally issues with food becomes a problem.

No fried or greasy fatty foods. I couldn't eat out at any restaurants for months. 

No prepackaged or frozen foods.  I prepared all my food from fresh veggies fruits. No fatty meats or lunch meats with preservatives. Then slowly add one food at a time. Sugars is a big problem stop all sweets you will find you will feel better .

It can be touch and go but once you learn the foods to avoid you will be much happier and healthier.

Eat plain yogurt every day and keep adding probiotics to your diet. 

• Posted

I couldnt swallow the enzyme the gastrointestinal dr gave me . It got stuck in my throat. Scared me. It us to help digest the fats which I haven't added back into my diet yet. Since I am having trouble digesting most things, fat is the last thing I want to add fir more pain

I have read a little about ox bile. They are doing a scope to see if I might have an ulcer. Not looking forward to that but I need answers.

• Posted

Try to mash it and put in yogurt it will help break up all foods. Are you eating anything? Try smoothies and protien shakes . It takes time for tummy to settle down. It's so painful. And miserable. 

I hope you continue to find a diagnosis that improves your health.

keep in touch .

Peace & Heling sent your way.

• Posted

Have you take n the ox bile? Or just a digestive enzyme that you put in your food? I have been trying to eat at least 3 times a day for the last 3 days. I figured if I hurt when I eat a little it doesn't make much difference if I try to eat more. I'm hungry, but the pain makes me leary of what to eat. I am getting the scope done tomorrow. Maybe answers to what is up. Have to wait until noon tomorrow. Nothing after midnight, nothing for acid reflux. Will be a long 12 hours. Hopefully I won't be in to much pain before I get there. Thank you fo

• Posted

Please keep me posted on your teat results .

i hope it's nothing just adjusting to GB removal. It took me many years to eat without some issue and I was only 29 yrs old. So no ox bile around then. 

• Posted

No queence,

Had stomach spasms for a long while.  Rare now.

I had a balloon put through ducts.  Could've caused problems.

I still have GB.  Inoperable. Have'nt come across anyone yet in same boat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.