Post surgery pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

A month out from surgery and starting to feel upper rib pain and complete change in tastebuds. Have no desire to drink Boost whatsoever. Does this feel normal to anyone? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

you have had major surgery,your body is trying to get used to the trauma,we have all been there, surgical instruments prodding and probing us,  you must take it easy,lots water, no fatty foods,eat little but often, we all heal differently, some a few weeks some years, its not the small op that lots people say it is,   if i had a choice would never have had it done, but was in agony, rushed to emergency op, mine is coming up to two years, getting there;;;;  but take it easy you can damage yourself,    all best
    • Posted

Me too! I would encourage anyone to keep your gallbladder if at all possible!  But like you, I was in agony and rushed to emergency.  it was a year for me in April.  I have had so many digestive issues since then. Some days I don't even feel like eating! 

I don't drink alcohol anymore either, no fatty foods whatsoever, no grease - and small meals.

• Posted

Hi there please contact your Dr. the smallest signs could be something your Physician finds important for your case. I was diagnosed with Rheumatory arthritis just after surgery took forever to heal

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Dominique04189, sounds like you may be suffering with Post Op changes and a month is little time to settle down.  Try keeping track of things regarding taste and what things affect you.  Other than that I would keep going to Dr once a month if not clearing up or any relief, it maybe a med issue as well but keep calm and try not to fret.  Hope you get more replies from Post Op people they will be more of a help to you.
  • Posted

like others have mentioned, take it very very easy.  I too had upper rib pain about like a month out and thought that a gallstone was lodged.  The doc says it was called "sludge"....you are still healing and will take months and months to heal.  I can not drink alcohol anymore.  It makes me sick.  I can not eat any sort of fatty foods or again I'll feel sick.  April 2017 I had my gallbladder out - emergency - and I take oxbile and Lypogold (both can be purchased on the internet) and even with taking these before a meal, I'll feel stomach pain, issues afterwards.  At night around 2, when I get up to go to the bathroom, I always chew digestive enzymes as my stomach is digesting and hurting. 

Eat protein, but not fat.  keep yourself hydrated.  and don't strain yourself.  take time to heal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.