Post surgery problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed 2 and a half weeks ago. Eating and digesting is so much better. But now I get really bad chest pains that mimic a heart attack. I'm told my heart is fine. Any ideas what may be causing this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What are you eating.
    • Posted

I'm still on the strict diet they had me on before surgery. No dairy. Low fats. No red meats. Once in a while I do cheat. But sometimes I legit feel like I'm having a heart attack.

• Posted

Do you get the chest pains when you cheat. No cheating I know it's very hard not to. O learned my lesson and also cheated. I suffered because of it. No burgers or steak or pizza. Try veggie burgers. There are alot of alternatives than animal fat. No fried foods. Just bake chicken, potatoes, or whatever you like. Just bake and you should be ok. No hotdogs they are really bad for someone on a fat free diet. Ok take care.

• Posted

Sorry forgot a heart attack will start from back to shoulder and then bam to your left side of chest. So bad you can even breath. Ok . Good Luck.
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with gastritis and reflux afterwards. My gastritis is muchbetter but depending what I eat I will get chest pains butbuts from the reflux. Try not to cheat at all. 
  • Posted

Hi I had mine out around 8 weeks ago.  After about 1.5 weeks I started to add back in foods that weren’t so bland.  I was lucky and haven’t suffered any major problems

And now I can eat anything.  However 2 weeks ago I too did have some kind of attack which also felt a pressure in my chest.  I was told it was a reaction to a food so basically like ingestion.   I couldn’t pinpoint the food for that particular day as being any different  and I’ve not had an attack since. For years I though I was having indegestion but actually I was having a gall bladder attack! I just didn’t know it! So I do actually think what I experienced a while ago was indegestion.  For you it’s early days and hopefully will settle down for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.