Post surgery questions

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, i had this surgery 2 weeks ago and i still have swelling on my left scrotum but when i touch it i dont feel pain. And i am afraid my scar wont regenerate normaly because top side looks its like an open wound but it isnt, i don't have an infection thank God. I am just courious how long will i have this swelling? And when will i be able to have sex and shower normally?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had my hydrocele surgery last July, and was able to shower/bathe after 48 hours so the stitches could dissolve. Sex didn't happen until about 4 months later when I was told I could resume normal activities. The swelling from the surgery actually went down pretty quickly, but my scrotum never went back to normal size. It's about the size of an orange and hard. I mention this because after an ultrasound a couple weeks ago, it was discovered that I developed a hematocele, which happens when blood leaks into the scrotum forming a hard mass. Not saying that this is what's going on with you, but it's still worth a mention because another guy in this forum later discovered he has a hematocele as well.

Your scar will heal as the stitches dissolve and your scrotum color will return to normal as well, which is what happened with me. Keep us posted on your progress.

• Posted

My hydrocele took probably 2 1/2 months for the swelling to go down and the pain to go away  my scar was right in the middle of the two testicles and has healed very well. before my hydrocele I had a turp and a dilation of the urethra it all has left me  with a very week and small erection and very little Semen and clear like water 
    • Posted

Hey Kenneth...I just googled that turp surgery because I never heard of it. Sorry you had to go through that...it looked very painful and uncomfortable. I hope you're doing well from that. Your hydrocele scar is in the perfect spot. I lost my right testicle when I was younger due to a hernia operation, so my hydrocele scar is right across the middle of the left scrotum. It has healed very well and is pretty much invisible. 

• Posted

This all happened last year March 8 of 2016 I lost my right kidney to cancer the only reason they found it is because I went to the doctor and told him I was having problems peeing  I thought it was just a man thing  now that I'm getting older on march 28 I had the turp done  so I had a catheter in for almost a month and a half every time they would take it out I still could not Pee  so in May the dilation of the urethra was done about a week later I was able to go without the catheter and Pee 2016 was one hell of a year  things are getting better even though as you can probably tell the head of my penis is inside of me most of the time  it actually goes in further than the pictures show something I did not expect 

• Posted

I applaud you for showing us images and walking us through your ordeal. As I said, I saw the youtube video of the turp surgery and it was nothing nice! I know you're glad 2016 is over! And I hope things are going well for you now.  So will the head of your penis protrude eventually over time, or is this just your end result because of the turp and dilation of the urethra?

• Posted

Don't know haven't used it in a while for sex anyway really don't think it gets hard enough I can masturbate so that works for now after all I am 65 this year

• Posted

You have your health, and that's the main thing. Plus, you beat cancer! Again, thanks for sharing your story.

• Posted

Hi

I had my operation for more than one year ago ( 1 .april 2016 ). I actually had no pain and no swelling. I think your scar will be fine. Be patience, give it some time. In my experience I feel like one year was a good estimate for making conclusions. So today I'm pretty satisfied. all seems more symetric. I went driving car a week after the operation. We are all different and the operation is a standard procedure today. I'm pretty sure ... you will be fine, giv it some time.

• Posted

Okay thank you all for your storyes 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.