post surgey

Posted , 6 users are following.

HAD Bunion and neuroma and 2 screws in big toe yesterday...i've been in so much paiin...I can't sleep and pain meds not helpiing..is this normal right after surgey?  ii've been putting ice and elevated it...should I be concerned.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had no pain at all it should stay numb for a while are u in a boot..I had some pain the 2nd week but it was because my I had not put my boot on correctly
    • Posted

yes ,  have a boot...its sharp stabbing and throbbing pain.Wonder if I should call the dr?
    • Posted

I would maybe your boot is just too tight or something because I have never had that much pain..hope u feel better soon 
  • Posted

Poor you I had mine done on both ties on 4th November.  It was painful and really uncomfortable still is to an extent... This surgery is  just one of those things... Your feet really sensitive and take all your weight so it's gping to hurt... All I can say is time is a great healer it does get easier.  You just need to take it easy be gentle with your feet and let them recover... Best thing to do is stay off them as much as you can and keep them elevated👍

Good luck speedy recovery 👣👣👣👣

• Posted

I had mine done 10 days ago and pain has not been too bad. I had the other foot done 7 years ago and the pain was awful so it obviously varies. Just keep elevated as much as you can. I took paracetamol and ibuprofen in stages- ibuprofen 2 hours after paracetamol and that seems to work. Don't worry it will get better
  • Posted

Hi Chris.  So sorry.  the day of the surgery I had no pain whatsoever because the foot block was still there, however Day 2, I had excruciating, burning pain, and was on Oxycodone for 6 days.  It felt much better after that.  Maybe your pain med is not strong enough.  It's normal to have pain but check with doc.  Hope you feel better very soon. Give it a week.
  • Posted

For my experince its normal for this surgery especially few days after surgery. The main concern if its an infection at the incision area. Besides that is the healing process. The threshhold of pain for different people is not same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.