post surgey 6.5 weeks ankle realignment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

I love forums as they allow us to share information and sometimes put us at ease.

i have my ankle realigned and have 2 screws in it. Also have some reconstruction done with ligaments and tendons. Let me tell you the plaster splint i had on for 6 weeks almost drove me to the psych ward but that is neither here nor there ...

I was given a boot and told to start weight bearing as tolerated. I have put very little weight on it as obviously it is painful. I did put some extra weight on it yesterday morning for 5-6 steps .My PT starts this Monday.

My question is since yesterday when i wear the boot i have huge amount of paint. Mostly in ankle but radiates to entire bottom of foot. yesterday the only way to keep comfortable was to lay in bed with boot off. This morning i was able to wear boot for about an hour before pain returned. I did have it on most of the weekend and sat in a recliner most of the time ..had foot down most of the time.

hoping i just overdid it but worried i am having pain wearing the boot

thoughts?

THANKS ALL

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.