Post svt ablation pain and sob! Anyone else??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 51 years old and had svt ablation Feb 9. EP said it was easy to locate and 99 percent sure it is taken care of. I was discharged from hospital same day. I have had significant back, neck, and daily chest pain since the procedure. I also have sob which i did not have before the procedure. I had follow up appointment and was given antiflammatory medication and told that most likely my condition was due to inflammation from procedure. EP not concerned. I took the medication for 5 days, had some relief. 3 days later symptoms returned. Back to EP who discharged me and told me to give it a couple more weeks and I would be fine and if not to call back but that the pricedure was successful. Now I have developed stomach pain to add to the list and my heart rate has went up to 140 on 2 occasions. Has anyone else experienced these complications? Any advise or reassurance appreciated!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, your symptoms do seem unusual. I wonder if they could be related to something that happened around the time of the ablation rather than the procedure itself? What do you mean by "sob"? 

• Posted

I had nothing going on other than the fast heart rate that I know of. I am regrettimg having the ablation. I was not able to tolerate medications and my job requires me to be driving all day so my doctor recommended the ablation. Told me I would feel great afterwards. So frustrating. I returned to work this week and it has been rough. I am going to see my primary doctor and see what she thinks. I have a follow up with cardiogist in 3 weeks
    • Posted

You seem to have been very unlucky sad. I only felt very minor discomfort after my ablation. The heart (or my sensitivity) took a few weeks to settle down afterwards, but have been completely free of SVT (and its meds) in the five years since. 

The 140bpm episodes, on their own, don't seem high enough to cause real worry that you still have SVT, so hopefully that is actually cured. 

I have no medical qualifications at all, but your other symptoms don't seem easily related to SVT or the normal ablation procedure. 

You you have more anxiety than usual?

• Posted

No i dont really have anxiety. The worst anxiety I had was when I had the initial svt episode and during the 2 week wait until the ablation. So strange. Praying it resolves soon.
    • Posted

Yes, hopefully it will all prove to be a minor blip on your road to being SVT-free smile

• Posted

My ablation stimulated my GERD (reflux). So, I had pain in the center of my chest up into my throat. Had to take Nexium a couple weeks. No fast heart rate since the ablation. Just the occasional PAC.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.