Post SVT ablation question

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I had my svt ablation 6 days ago. I am still getting episodes of fast heart rate, even just sitting at times. I still feel super tired and so confused. I was under the impression that it would completely go away. Can some people out there who have had this done give me some input please? Is this normal and for how long. How and when will I know the surgery was a success? When will I feel like working out and living a normal life again? Thanks so much Debbie

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie I haven't had the surgery but do have anrvt. From the research I have done most people still have some episodes up to 2 weeks I believe after surgery and they should definitely become less frequent. I also know that sometimes a second surgery needs to be done sometimes they don't burn all the extra pathways meaning they may miss a few depending. I would call your cardiologist office and schedule an appt plus ask if you can talk to doc over phone for some peace of mind. Plus if your feeling a little anxious it might contribute so better to ring the doc. I hope all works out and wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

• Posted

Thank you so much Renee. I have felt alot better today. Are you going to have the surgery?

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

i had an ablation for SVT around a year ago, what your feeling is completely normal. Any funny rhythms should stop after around 2 weeks maximum. the doctor should then clear you all OK after a couple of months following an ECG and bloods.

well done for getting through it, it's a scary op to have when awake and all those eyes on you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.