Post THD day 1

Posted , 9 users are following.

I only had my surgery yesterday but am in so much pain! I can’t do a bowel movement but really think I need to and my stomach ache is awful! I’ve had paracetamol and my fiber  gel also lactose to help but still can’t go! Is this normal? 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Drink a full bottle of magnesium citrate you will go within an hr, than keep super hydrated always..
  • Posted

Hi dedi00947

How are you hope you feel better but yes if you are taking a lot of mediciation can make you stop up. But i will just take a pain killer before i have a bowel movenment there were you want be in any pain. This why i do not want any surgery my outside hemorrhoids don't bother me unless i don' eat right. Its like a little small pea outside of my anal. But i will get it check out soon just scared if i have to get removed it. Feel better 🤗

• Posted

Hi Deb 

Do not force a bowl movement . It will happen two or three days later . 

Here is what to expect : 

1. A lot of pain for two weeks . Nothing will help in the first one week . Pain killers and sitz bath will help afterwards 

2. Eat a lot of fiber 

3 . Drink a lot and I mean a lot of water ( at least one gallon a day) 

I had my surgery done 5 weeks ago and I feel I am 80% healed . No pain now just slight discomfort. But first 10 days , it was hell for me pain wise 

Best of luck to you !

• Posted

Omar has it quite right. 

I would add that exercise, even mild exercise (i.e. walking) can help. 

Also I can't overstate the relief from hot baths.  Take as many as needed.  I was taking 6 or 7 per day during the first week.

I will am around 7 weeks since surgery and sill not 100%.  I'm fine, functional, pain-free and have no restrictions but still not have some residual issues, or better put annoyances. 

• Posted

Hi debi it is so normal try to go to bath and drink plenty of water it will help but just don’t push you self I hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

I took dulcolax the stool softener every time it recommended it. Didn’t make my poop diarrhea but made it soft enough to pass. Took me a couple days as well. Drink ALOT of water. I just ate rice and fruit oatmeal it’s hard to remember it was like a year and half ago I had mine done. Don’t strain I found that squatting over the toilet was the most comfortable. I took a million sitz baths and I also would wrap just ice that you buy size in a bag and put it right in between my butt that also helped. Anymore advise I’d be happy to help. You’ll get through and it definetly worth it!
  • Posted

I had four internal and two external removed in October last year. For BM I was given lactulose and fybogel for pain paracetamol and dihydrocodeine. I only needed to take paracetamol for pain. When you have the first BM it was painful but do not force it. After the BM I had a shower then changed it to sitting in a hot bath which helped. Eat a high fibre diet and drink plenty of water. I took short walks each day. Do not do any heavy lifting like hoving. I took the lactulose and fybogel for BM which helped. My operation was in the UK. Hope this helps you.
  • Posted

Thank you all x still got the urge to go but not doing much! Feel like I constantly need a bowel movement! Like a pressure! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.