Post TKR bending of knee

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all

I had take of right knee 5 yr ago and achieved a bending of 115 degree.

Left Tkr I had on 23 Nov 17 and in rehab now.

I am completing 8 was tomorrow and can sleep ok at night but my bending is only 90 degrees,

I am doing all the exercises my PT ha told me.

Has anyone achieved better bending than mine? If yes please tell me how and what to do to speed it up.

Thanks 

Dal

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Each knee is different and you have probably forgotten how long it took last time. You are i early stages keep doing physio and it will improve!! 
  • Posted

Hi I'm 7 week's post TKR left knee. I had TKR right leg done 12 months ago. My first leg done I took months before I slept in the bed properly and months before I was on the winning side. This time i slept well from week two and able to twist and turn although do have pain and very stiff when getting out if bed. The leg us is still swollen but not as bad as the first few weeks. I'm really getting frustrated cos I was to be as good as the first leg. Two operations both entirely differant recovery. Hope you get better as the week's go by. I can't wait for the spring sun on my face. Keep going💗💗💗

• Posted

Hi, I was five weeks yesterday from a left tkr and patella and at physio today I was measured at 100. I have found using my static bike twice a day for twenty minutes really helps to loosen up my knee and then deep stretches to improve my bend. Hope this helps
  • Posted

Well , I only had one TKR and needed a manipulation as excess scar tissue affected my bend. I hear that each knee is said to be different even on the same patient, so just keep going and it should work in time. If concerned, maybe ask your physiotherapists as they know your case.

?I went to private sports physio as well as the hospital one as may knee proved very difficult, though better after the MUA. They advised that I stretch and bend the knee every waking hour on the hour and do massage to the knee to loosen it.

?The bend is now acceptable but there is still internal scar tissue that can cause problems though they don't want to do any intervention at this point for fear of infection. Good luck with your exercises!

• Posted

I'm having the MUA on Friday. Hoping to drive and return to work one week later after MUA 5 days extensive physical therapy. Been on medical leave since Nov 1 surgery day. After your MUA how bad was the pain? Does this sound achievable?

• Posted

I was made redundant so not working when knee done, so I'm not sure how it would have been working. After the MUA, it was only sore, not very painful really and I managed to get about although my knee has been slow to rehab overall.

?I did get a respiratory infection after the MUA, due to the piped oxygen they put through my nose drying out my nasal passages and this was more of a nuisance than the knee itself as I felt unwell for about a week with that. However, that is just one of those rare things.

?Hope all goes well for you, I think you will just have to wait and see how it feels after, but the improved bend was great, you need to keep up the PT after.

• Posted

Hi Cynthia,

I was curious how many weeks you are?  You had mentioned they did not want to do intervention at "this" point?  I have heard people say Dr's want to do intervention as early as one month and I thought that was way to soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.