Post TKR Leg strength and walker usage questions

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, thanks again for all your help.  This forum is a GOLD MINE of tips, encouragement and information.  Here are my questions for today smile

Post TKR Leg Strength?

I've seen references to people using a belt or strap to lift their leg, for example, when getting out of bed.  Does everyone do this, and if so, how long does it last?  And when people list a number to describe how far they can bend their knee after surgery, that makes me nervous...!!  And it sounds quite painful. cry  With about four weeks left before my surgery, I'm trying to wrap my brain around what life will be like when I return home (I live alone with two very demanding Pomeranians.)  Yes, I'm still deciding what to do with them...yikes..!!  So are you walking around like "Igor", dragging your TKR leg, after surgery?  question

Postop Walker Usage

Is it true that post TKR you can only use  the type of walker that has two wheels in the front only and straight legs in back?  My walker has four wheels and brakes.  And a seat and basket I've rigged up so I can move things from kitchen to table, etc.  Gotta get real creative here, I guess..!!

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I bought one of those walkers to get me to the kitchen and back with drinks and food and used it for sitting to do washing up, ironing etc was a godsend 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.