Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Posted , 7 users are following.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

I suffer with Bipola, Anxiety and PTSD,  i was very badly attacked in my home and the person that did it absconded between coming out of prison and being collected by the the Home Office so he is still out there and I am stuck in my home, which is now my prison, even though I was the victim.  I lost a very good job and am now on benefits but I have been told nobody can help me move, council etc., as i own my property.  I cant sell as i have an IVA and  I can move because i have no money to rent another property and i also have to small dogs (landlords seem to hate pets)!  I have now become sucicidal as this is my only way out!  I have nobody to help me and i dont want to take this option but i feel i have no choice.  My psychiatrist and therapist said my symptoms will just get worse if I stay here.

I leave in London and want to move out as i am scared to go out, every time i walk my dogs i feel like i'm going to have a panic attack.

I really am very desperate - please someone, anyone can you advise me, is there really no way around my dilemma?  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey lovely I hope you are as well as can be ... I'm truly sorry for the other person s reply ... I have the same conditions as you ... I went through a simular thing with an ex of mine .. who went on the run after what he had done ... he ratcheted me for 16 hours plus dv through whole relationship... it will take you a very long time for you body mind and soul to come to terms with what has happen ... my ex got caught after being on the run for 7 months in which he got set down for life ... unfortunately it does take time to get to this stage ...'please be strong lovely ... everyone is right tho you need to......move away ... if you are concerned for your life then please go to social services and ask for help to vet in to a women's refuge there they will help you with everything including what to do a out your home ... also look on line and see if there is any local charity which can help you ... also maybe try and see if victim support can help you as well as who ever is involved in you care plan ...please do'not hurt your self in any way x x it's so hard not to ,trust I know but this soon will pass x
  • Posted

Hey lovely I hope you are as well as can be ... I'm truly sorry for the other person s reply ... I have the same conditions as you ... I went through a simular thing with an ex of mine .. who went on the run after what he had done ... he ratcheted me for 16 hours plus dv through whole relationship... it will take you a very long time for you body mind and soul to come to terms with what has happen ... my ex got caught after being on the run for 7 months in which he got set down for life ... unfortunately it does take time to get to this stage ...'please be strong lovely ... everyone is right tho you need to......move away ... if you are concerned for your life then please go to social services and ask for help to vet in to a women's refuge there they will help you with everything including what to do a out your home ... also look on line and see if there is any local charity which can help you ... also maybe try and see if victim support can help you as well as who ever is involved in you care plan ...please do'not hurt your self in any way x x it's so hard not to ,trust I know but this soon will pass x
  • Posted

Hi Tigalili

Don't give up. Life gets better. You have such a lot to offer. And I care. My heart goes out to you. You are resourceful and you will find the answers within yourself. Be strong and love yourself. Be your own best friend. Please treasure yourself. Look out for yourself. Keep going. Keep yourself safe. You will come out of this a stronger better person.  

• Posted

Hi Tigalil,

I truly feel for you and there's not enough help  for ptsd sufferers or complex trauma sufferers (which I am).

because it's a mental health issue your just left to try and get help, pick up the pieces and sort out a mind that is on high alert, checking everything, isolated, anxious, agitated, suffering from insomnia on a daily basis and when I say 24/7 I mean 24/7!!!

To feel this way is a crime, I went away for a holiday with my husband, the peace I felt totally blew me away and I cried and cried for the realisation of what my day to day life is like when back home. Hardly any help, torture all the time.

you check, speak to yourself inside, keep everything in order, hide away, trust no one,, all because you think that by being on high alert your keeping yourself safe, your environment safe.....I realised how bad I had gotten when I stepped away for just a week on holiday and cried for myself.

i feel your pain and medication is a lottery, they put you on stuff then if it's no good wean you off then it all starts again. I'm never well enough to start the rapid eye treatment Im supposed to get just a measly 1 hour a week. Iv went from having a very good full time job to benefits that just pay the bills. And I'm a victim just like you but it feels more like a punishment.

I google constantly to see if there's anymore help for people like us but there's not. My trauma comes from childhood and teen years and wouldn't even get compensation as the people who left me like this are all dead.

sorry for my rant but I get the feeling you will agree with me xxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.