Post treatment

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anybody give me some indication on how I am going to feel during my 3 months of antibiotics and whether I can expect to have my life back or has the damage already been done after having lymes disease for 16 years, but only just correctly diagnosed recently? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I was bitten around the beginning of August and got flu like symptons the weekend after then went to the GP 3 times with a spreading rash/bite and was eventuallyput on anti biotics - I realised that something was wrong.  The week after my blood test came back as positive.  I have been on them 2 weeks and have another 2 week prescription to start.  I have had days that are worse then others, but I am fatigued much more then normal by small tasks.  At night I do get tingly/numb feet and hands, wake up with incredibly dry eyes and mouth but this was happening before the anti biotics.

I always have them after food and I am taking supplements to keep my immunity up as I have been told that this is very important.

Are you recenly having symptons /diagonsed?

• Posted

Thank you for your response.

My symptoms are:

Facial pain and disfigurement on one side, Coordination and balance problems, Memory short term and long is terrible, Sleep very poor, Speech problems, Moody and angry, Faint and dizzy, Breathless, depression

Frustration, Vacant, Sensitive to touch,

Shakes, hearing comes and goes,

Sensitive to bright lights, smell, noise...

Swelling, Racing heart, Nauseous,

Body shuts down and can take a while to move again, Feeling of hungover and jetlag

I've not been able to work for sometime because things have got so bad. So if it's going to get worse before it gets better then I need to get it over and done with lol

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about whar you're going through.  I can certainly identify with many of them.  How long did you have symptons before you were diagnosed?

• Posted

I've had the symptoms for 16 years. It was diagnosed as fibromyalgia 14 years ago, but thanks to a cbt therapist who insisted to get tested in Germany as the NHS test came back negative.

It's very sad to hear so many lives are affected by this disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.