Post TURP bleeding - its been two years!

Posted , 6 users are following.

The bleeding has continued at a low rate for all this time. Ive had all sorts of scans but no causative indicators apart from minor inflammation of 4th he bladder. I had a period of infection - I bled more and it was smelly. Antibiotics cleared that up but low level bleeding continued. Last week it cleared up completely but this changed in recent days with involuntary discharges of blood.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Check for kidney, bladder, prostate stones. If they are large or sharp enough, they can cut into your urinary tract and cause bleeding. Ask for a CT scan. Hank
  • Posted

How is your flow, 2 years post TURP ? Hank
    • Posted

Thanks for your earlier comments Hank.  My flow is mostly pretty good - there are occasions when it feels a bit restricted but I'm happy

• Posted

What's the doc say is causing it? 2 years is ridiculous.

• Posted

The Uro has no answers for me apart from the inflamation on my bladder causing it (maybe).  I've had lots of scans.   

• Posted

Although I do not know what might be causing this...make sure you get an iron test to make sure your iron levels remain normal. You want to maintain your iron levels.

Some are on blood thinners or supplements that can cause thinning of the blood.

Good Luck and take it easy.

• Posted

Been there and statute of limitations 2/4 has run out on me. What did I know?

All four urologist didn't complete the TURP/PVP from 2005 through 2012. Gross hematuria, urine retention, clots as large as hockey pucks in pain and no one knows anything.

It took one honest, competent Board Certified urologist to show me pictures of before and after telling me all four of them did an incomplete job.

So, get pictures.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.