Post UFE infection - watch out

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just want to warn whoever is going to have a fibroid embolisation or has had one, of the dangers of infection. I am 7 weeks post now. I had the symptoms many women in this forum have had: painful cramping, discharge, smell, passing tiny bits of dead tissue... But I also developed a mild fever. I went to hospital A&E (emergency). They ran blood tests and examined me and said I have developed an infection. I have been put on two different antibiotics. Yesterday I felt so very ill, my fever went higher and I was really scared. But today I feel the antibiotics have started working. Please if you feel anything wrong, persistent pain, mild fever, etc do not wait to be seen thinking "it's all part of recovery", even if it can't be by a gynecologist. Hopefully I will be seen by gyne department soon and they may remove any dead submucosal fibroids that are not being expelled, otherwise won't they get infected again?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Fever up again. Back to the hospital 😟

• Posted

So sorry Tracy, wishing you quick recovery. Am glad you paid attention to your body. My gynea prescribed an antibiotic for me at around 6 weeks even though my blood work had shown no infection..but I had that mildish fever and that terrible odor!!

All the best Tracy

• Posted

Thanks for your message Cakmak. I'm still in hospital because oral antibiotics didn't work so they're trying IV. I feel much better though. I just want to go home and get some sleep!

• Posted

Am glad your feeling better. So sorry. Did they do an ultra sound? Or you have to wait for 3 months mark?

• Posted

No scan even though I asked for it. Yes wise lady, I have to wait till the 3 month mark 😊

• Posted

Thank you.😊

Hang in there the shrinking signs are evident am sure you'll be happy when you finally get it.

Hope you're infection is clear and you're home now.

Thanks for keeping us posted

• Posted

Thanks Cakmak , I am still in hospital. Day 4. Can't way to be back home.

• Posted

My prayers are with you. So sorry Tracy..🌹

• Posted

Thanks for the warning. I'm due to have mine next week so that's a little worrying especially since they say a mild fever is part of it. And you'd think that 7 weeks out you'd be on the clear. Had you been feeling badly since the procedure or did it develop later? Sorry you've had to go through that

• Posted

It developed later. I didn't have a fever after the op at all. I am in hospital, being admitted overnight to control infection and do a scan. Good luck with your UFE.

• Posted

Just to update, I am in hospital again and have to stay for a few days. Finally they are scheduling an urgent MRI, an ultrasound won't properly show what's wrong. When the mystery is solved I will post here so it's useful to someone.

• Posted

HI TRACY hope ur doing well we did not hear about your situation any updates ?WHAT HAPPENED ?i hope ur doing well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.