Post Urethroplasty - frequency and slower stream???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all,

My name is Matt and today is 30 days since my urethroplasty with a Bucal (mouth graft).

i had a catheter in for 3 weeks which seems to be the standard amount of time. It was removed on October 6. I was overjoyed. i noticed an immediate change with a strong stream, no pushing, and no feeling of having to constantly pee.

1 week later on October 13th, this changed. I find that my stream is weaker and the frequency has increased.

My dr says it could be that there is some swelling of the soft tissues during healing and that it should improve.

Has anyone experienced this ? Basically an improvement and then a shift to worsening symptoms? to which then, again, improved when the healing was complete? is my Dr correct that there could be soft tissue swelling ? stricture was 2 inches

be safe ans stay strong

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Matt.

I had end-to-end anastomosis urethroplasty recently (1.5months).

However my doctor did tell me that there is a small possibility that I might need one urethrotomy after urethroplasty. He said this is due to the reason that sometimes graft/surgery point muscles may heal in such a way that might cause restriction again. Luckily I am doing okay so far.

I hope your case is sorted by medicines.

Best wishes for your health and safety.

• Posted

was it a one or part of two stages recon ? recoveries are tricky ....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.