Post vasectomy pain.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.

I had the snip on 25th November (approx 7 weeks ago). The operation seemed to go well then after the first week I got this horrible aching pain in my left nut! After a day or two I noticed this small lump around the size of a garden pea in my sack. I immediately crapped myself as would anyone when finding a lump near your balls but after some research I was confident that it was a "Sperm Granuloma." Anyway after about another week or so the pain had gone and the lump seemed to have disappeared too. Everything has been great for the last 5 weeks or so then all of a sudden a couple of days ago the same pain came back only it seemed much worse. I had a feel around and I think I can say that the tube on my left nut seems crazy swollen. I can't really feel any lumps in there but it definitely feels swollen. It is now Sunday (2 days after initial bout of pain) and the pain has subsided a little but the tube still feels swollen. Has anyone else ever experienced these symptoms (daft question I know) and can you give me any advice. I'm terrified of doing something I shouldn't and leaving myself in a world of life long pain.

Thanks for your time guys x

John.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi John, I hope your pains go away. Yes I have had the snip and was told it was only a very small op and everything would be good. Well that was what I wanted, but the people doing these jobs are actually selling this, so they never tell you all the downsides!!! For me I was`nt any good until I had the op reversed, all my problems were much less after, but we were back to taking precautions again !! (as my sperm tests were very good) Blocking tubes is not a good idea and I have read that men who are sexually very active are more likely to get Post Vasectomy Pain Syndrome after a vasectomy. It would seem that most men are ok but anything up to 30% get problems.

• Posted

Im in pain after 5 weeks. Been looking at the comments and noticing it usually is the left testicle that hurts. mine feels like something has stuck to the vasectomy scar inside and Everytime i lift penis it drags my balls up and get a pain in the stomach. I have recently found a similar lump and seems to be causing an aching pain.

The only thing that i am noticing to give relief is getting a shower and spraying the testicles as weird as it may sound as it seems to tighten them up as opposed to a bath which seems to swell the ball bag up and drag giving pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.