Post viral fatigue - advice appreciated!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I had a nasty viral infection 9 weeks ago , blood tests all normal and negative covid test. The virus was v similar to glandular fever which i had 20 years ago. I eventually recovered from the virus but now find that if i overdo it with housework/a walk or have a bad nights sleep, i come down with awful fatigue/ weakness, I can be light headed too and get a few aches and pains.

When im feeling good i can feel, say, 70% better. I start to feel im improving before crashing back down to fatigue.

I eat pretty well, lots of, fruit , veg and try sleep well but sleep can be hard sometimes.

I hope its just time but any advice is so grateful.

So pleased to have come across this forum.

Thanks for reading and wish everyone the very best

Mo

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Omg I've been feeling the exact same. I've had a minor virus, not covid related but seemed like a cold/flu and the fatigue is just lingering on. I get like this quite often when I've been run down too. Or suffering anxiety. It will pass, it's always does. I do find myself getting worried that it's more occasionally though because post viral fatigue is so similar to chronic fatigue syndrome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.