Post viral help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been unwell for 4 months... starting with a recognisable virus which got better after two weeks. However i was left feeling unwell...my chest, head and sinuses ... my chest permeating a horrible feeling of unwellness in my upper body and face. i have had lots of tests... my inflammation markers are raised and every time i see the gp i have a fever. I am now seeing a consultant who is doing more tests but has said that she thinks its post viral but without the exhaustion.... i can get up, have energy but have to rest when i feel really bad. Is there anyone out there who has had similar post viral symptoms.... feeling very unwell but without the tiredness.

I'm going to have to go back to work at the end of the month and i am dreading it... how can i get better? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i became "ill" here in southern california but i did become so incredibly exhausted.

• Posted

hi i would advice to rest as much as possible if you push against whatever is going on with the post viral symptoms it could make it much worse try not to stress or worry about it to .i have m e cfs for 5 years and i made a good recovery but relapsed just recently i pushed against my symptoms as i wasnt diagnosed so please just be easy on yourself and listen to your body sounds like the docs are doing all the tests they need and if you are young of age you will recover quicker

• Posted

thankyou for your response... i feel so isolated with all of this... people just dont get it.... invisible symptoms make people think you are ok when really you are not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.