Post viral sore throat, possibly?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I've had a really bad upper viral infection since January this year. Bad hacking cough, tickly throat and all the other comman an viral symptoms. I've had a dry tickly cough now on and off for about 3 and a bit months. And also still get a bit of a sore scratchy dry throat now and again. I've been to docs they have also said it's viral and they have also seen other people who have had viral infections since last November and viruses seem to be lasting longer. Is my sore throat and on and off dry cough due to irratation of the Airways from viral infection and now is post viral or something else? Can it really go on for this long? Can anyone else relate?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.