Post Viral Syndrome

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All I'm new here,

I was wondering what symptons people have who have got this conditon. I was diagnosed with this in mid October. Also what things people have done which has helped them and do people actually recover from it as it can get quite depressing at times sad. I have had various symtoms:

Chest pain

Cough

Joint pain

Numbness one side of the body mainly the left

Tingling in head and either side of the body

Dizzinessss

Fast heart beat and weak feeling heart at times

Weight Loss

Some of the symtoms have gone now.

I have had vairous test which has come back normal :S

Thanks for reading smile

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi

my main symptom is extreme fatigue..

which you dont seem to have?

regards

Simon

• Posted

Hi Simon

I completely agree with u on that point

1) extreme fatigue

Christine CRPS uk

• Posted

My main system is overwhelming crushing fatigue, not helped by rest or sleep.  You don't seem to have that - are you sure your diagnosis is correct?

• Posted

I'm not sure you may be Wright. I did find it hard walking and brushing my teeth but it's not as bad as it was at the beginning. I've had this since August. Hmmm not sure thanks for replying

• Posted

Did they check for thyroid problems?  Also these symptoms are often found in sarcoidosis....to be honest, you have some horrible but fairly common symptoms of many debilitating illnesses.  CFS is not usually diagnosed before one has had six months of unrelenting fatigue which for many leaves them bedbound, unable to walk, with such weakness day to day living is impossible.  Along with the fatigue are myriad symptoms which may or may not be suffered.  Common with CFS is fibromyalgia, IBS, thyroid problems, depression and cognitive problems though we all have our own additional autoimmune disorders and additional symptoms.  I do hope you don't have CFS, it is such an unforgiving drain on life, so misunderstood and without cure.  I would be pushing for more tests and doing a bit of research of my own to find out what it could possibly be that is wrong with you.  Sometimes this is necessary as our doctors either don't have the time or inclination to search and need to be given a prod in one direction or the other.

I have been ill since 2007, with only sporadic periods of feeling a little better and many episodes of total relapse.

Please let us know how you get on.  All the posts on this forum are a grear source of information and may give someone another avenue to search for relief.

• Posted

Hi shreddie

Do u get the jerking when u r asleep ?

Take care

Christine CRPS uk x

• Posted

Thanks Shreddie I will push for more tests. Seems gp is unwilling at times 🤐

• Posted

yes, really bad.  I have restless legs too which are also painful.  They drive me mad.
  • Posted

Amongst the "varous tests" you've had done do you know whether you were tested for Vitamin B12 Deficiency?

What sort of diet do you have and what medications are you on?

• Posted

I have had a full blood test and no medication
    • Posted

Can you get hold of a copy of your FBC and see if B12 and B9 were tested? I think they may need to be specifically requested.
    • Posted

Thanks Clivealive I will have a look. You might be Wright.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.