Posterior Approach THR - Hip Dysplasia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm 9 weeks post thr, I have regained most of my hip function except if I lie on non operative side and try to lift the leg that was operated on i still can't lift it at all, I can get up the stairs ok!

I had this problem to a lesser extentwhere I could at least pick the leguupbit not very far due to the heaviness before op I put it down to weakness as I walk part of the time with a limp ! Just concerned now that I've had my op. My muscles were cut, can anyone advise?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

see your surgeon for expert advise. THR surgery is complex especially during the healing journey.

• Edited

you should give yourself time to heal and do the physio. i was worried about using the operated leg on the stairs but the physios just said keep doing the exercises and it will come with time and it has. i am 9 months post THR and going up & down stairs just fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.