Posterior blepharitis pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello! i have been suffering from posterior blepharitis for 5 months now. I have severe pain on my upper eyelids. Does anyone else feel that specific symptom? My doctor said is due to MGD and the inflammation but I am starting to worry that it might be something else.

Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello and yes, that sounds like typical blepharitis. Are you using eye drops frequently enough? Four to six times daily. And trying to massage your eyelids? It is a real bore, isn't it! I have had it for about seven months and find that the most helpful thing is gently to heat the eyelids twice daily before cleansing them either at the basin or in the shower.

As you perhaps know, warmth melts the solidified meibum, which undoes the gland blockages, or helps to, at any rate. I use an electric eye pad to save the bother of heating gel pads up in boiling water. Heat relieves the soreness. if it doesn't, contact your optician.

• Posted

No, I haven't had this symptom myself.

Do any of you get blurry eyes? Sometimes it feels like there is a film over my eyeballs. I keep blinking to clear it but it doesn't go away.

• Posted

Blurry eyes might be due to excessive dryness of the eyes or from any of the eye drops that you use if you use any.

• Posted

I get blurry eyes right after the warm compress which is the oil from the blocked glands releasing. My doctor said that's a good thing, it mean it's working.

• Posted

If you smear Manuka honey on the rims of your eyes with a clean finger,it will help the pain. Honey is good fir your eyes. I use it everyday, recomended by my docter. But I have dry eye. Dena

• Edited

I might order some manuka honey in order to try it . Thank you!! Did you also have painful eyelids before ?

• Posted

Hi, I also experience the same thing. Using the warm compress every day definitely helps the pain. When your eyelids are still warm massage them gently. Also, if you're working in front of a computer I find the light causes flare ups and a lot of pain especially by the end of the day. I find putting the screen on eye save mode helps. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.