Posterior prolapse

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi,

im due to have a repair of the posterior prolapse in 4 weeks.

im just wondering if the operation can still go ahead if I'm due a period (I'm due the same day of the op and I'm usually regular as clockwork)

any advice would be greatly appreciated

julie

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Depends very much on your consultant. I would ring his/her secretary 
  • Posted

I think you're best to ring the hospital and ask as I had mine done at the same time as my hysterectomy and so had no period due to the injections to stop them. X
  • Posted

I'm not exactly sure as I have an IUD and have no periods while on it, but it would be awesome if they could move it back 1 week so that way you have a whole 3 weeks after your surgery before you have your first period. But then again, if you keep it how it is, you'll be bleeding and having to wear pads that first week after surgery anyway so if the doctor clears it I would be happy to just get my bleed week out the way, kill 2 birds with one stone! By the way, just to give you some positive insight, I had a posterior vaginal repair, rectal prolapse, hymen tag removal and labia reduction done 8 days ago, I have stopped bleeding for the most part (have maybe a spot or 2 a day now), and I am getting around great. I drive and everything. I don't lift and luckily I have a 5 year old to pick things up for me and put my socks on! But things are 10x better than I would have ever expected! Weird thing though, I had barely any pain the day after surgery and then it started the next day a little and the pain got worse until yesterday, and all the pain is gone except for the achy feeling in my rectum, and a vaginal muscle pain if I move the wrong way. I am 20 years old in the United States, in Indiana. Sorry I don't have a direct answer to your question but before my surgery I preferred to hear good stories about the surgery I was getting to out weigh the unfortunate ones just to prevent my nervousness.
    • Posted

Good luck with everything and let us know how things are going and what your doctor says!
    • Posted

glad to hear you are doing well. Did the doc use your own tissue for the repair?
    • Posted

Yes, I'm almost positive. I emailed her the other day to double check, I should get a reply Monday but that was the plan before. She said if it was too damaged or something like that, that she would use something else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.