Postier and anterior repair

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm joan im 48 yrs old and I'm 11/2 post op for posterior and anterior repair , I was in lots of pain first 48 hrs then stared with this smell it's not an offensive smell but a very high smell , Is this normal? Also I'm getting quite a bit of presure when I need the loo , having said this compared to how i was im great , i would be very grateful of any advice and to share everyone's experience in this

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello joan. You will get a lot of pressure when you go to the lol, that's normal but I'm not sure about the smell. If you don't have any other symptoms I wouldn't worry too much.
    • Posted

I have read if the smell is offensive go to the docs but it isn't I just wondered if it was normal , and when will I know I'm ok or do I wait for my follow up appt in 5 weeks to be given the all clear ? I'm very impatient and I know if im not careful I will do more damage than good , I'm not a moaner if im ill I keep it to myself but I know I can't keep this to myself
    • Posted

If you're worried joan make an appointment to see your GP. I get very anxious about things like this and you are probably the same so there's absolutely no harm in getting a medical opinion. 
    • Posted

Yes I will try to see my doctor on Monday , thanks for advice I will let u know how I get on
  • Posted

Hi I'm 9 weeks post posterial and vag vault repair surgery and finding it a struggle with the immense pressure you have when needing to open bowels but I have that feeling constantly and find it extremely uncomfortable sitting on anything there seems no relief fen with medication so I feel agitated and I feel like it has taken over my life.  Hope you have a better recovery and good luck.  Ann
    • Posted

Have u been back to yr doc ? What did the consultant say at yr follow up ? R u bk to work ? I have had nearly 4 yrs of pain and discomfort I hope I'm not going to continue with it , having the op is spose to make things rite , I hope u don't av to put up with it for long and see some massive improvements very soon .
    • Posted

Yes I've had my post op checkup and she said it's the stitches in the muscles causing the tight pulsating pressure and gave me some cream to massage in but 3 weeks on there is still no improvement in fact I feel worse so Monday I'm going to try to make appointment to go back it's very depressing when so many others are doing so well I'm 62 and retired thank goodness.  Don't let my probs put you off everyone is so different.  
  • Posted

hi joan iv had anterior and posterior repair,  now just over 4 wk opp my friend gave me prune juice and said it was very good thinking i could stop taking tablets for constipation ... well it wasnt quite as strong as tablets ... so was bk to square one ... started taking tablets gain now still bit difficult .. think ill just keep taking now for  ..... i still have wot i think is swelling in my vagina near the opening ... i did think the prolapse had came bk but im assuming its the swelling i cant imagine beeing able to have sex with that there hope it goes down as is quite worrying ...d jackie id you suffer with any of these
  • Posted

iv had posteria and anterior repairnow just over 4 wk opp my friend gave me prune juice and said it was very good thinking i could stop taking tablets ... well it wasnt quite as strong as tablets ... so was bk to square one ... started taking tablets gain now still bit difficult .. think ill just keep taking now for a while and do as you have said and ween myself down abit ..... i still have wot i think is swelling in my vagina near the opening ... i did think y prolapse had came bk but im assuming its the swelling i cant imagine beeing able to have sex with that there hope it goes down as is quite worrying ...
    • Posted

Im taking laxido drink I got from my doc it's a gentle laxative but works it's very good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.