Posting again because I need clarity please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

So about 8 months ago before my period started I would get really bad anxiety and not be able to sleep but I never really had that problem before. So then right before I started I would get nausea and throw up, and then it happened again expect two days before I started then i went on a trip I can’t remember if it was before or after but I got really sick where I was just couldn’t eat or when I did eat it felt like I had an allergy attack or something?? I went home and everything started feeling weird like hazy? I had a weird pressure in my head and again got worse before my period, and then I felt like I wasn’t real, it really freaked me out and I didn’t know how to cope with it. Then I started getting all these scary thoughts, uncomfortable I don’t even want to say they made me so uncomfortable to the point I started throwing up in the mornings at least two weeks before my before and then three. I’m only 21 but it’s really effected my life and I can’t afford to go to the doctors at the moments but the thoughts are becoming bad and it goes in a cycle and gets worse before my cycle but I still can’t seem to get rid of them. Also I started on 10mg of Celexa about almost 9 weeks ago but I’m still struggling with them as well as anxiety. But is this all hormonal or am I just gonna go crazy? It freaks me out but I don’t know what to do. Then it became maybe I have diabtes, maybe I’m capable of those things, maybe I’m schizophrenic, I can’t handle it though and it’s pretty much ruined everything for me because it’s hard for me to cope. I haven’t been able to get my thyroid checked but is that possibility? There’s no mental health problems in my family just hormone problems or should I worry? I just constantly feel tired and then get energy but still tired I guess? But very jittery sometimes and uncomfortable. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You have lots going on. I would start with some blood work and a visit to obgyn. Trying to go it alone is scary. You need information so your mind can rest.
  • Posted

Where do you live that you can't afford to see a doctor?  You are going to have to be diagnosed and treated if you have a medical condition.

• Posted

Well I think I’m going to just pay from out of pocket. It will be worth it to figure out whats going on!
  • Posted

Jessica 

Even though you’ve not been diagnosed .. you seem to have an understanding of what it might or might not be...that’s  wrong with you ...

The first thing you must do ... is to go to a Doctor and

request ( firmly )  That you want blood tests done  .. for THYROID ... and for  Diabetes    

Thyroid  Disease can cause dreadful Anxiety I can assure you of that !!

So perhaps that is what it is !

You made me think about my lovely sister who , when she was young , worked with a horrible bully , who tormented her daily 

Because of religion, can you believe it !!

The way she would react to this bullying was to be sick !!.. every day !

I don’t know if it was connected .. but years later my sister who had learned to live with this sick thing whenever she was upset or nervous , went  on to develop HYPERthyroidism ... and then HYPOthyroidism ...

So maybe that is the problem with you at the moment ..

But  ONLY having your blood tests will prove one way or the other ...

Take someone who loves you along with you .....I m sure it makes them more accountable .. and they listen more to you when you are accompanied ..... and won’t fob you off with antidepressants 

Oh and get a print out of your results ... as they belong to YOU !

Type them out in your next post to us in their entirety  including the numbers in brackets which are very important .. they are your labs ranges .

Don’t eat  ANY  food from midnight the night before  .. only take water  ... I take tea and toast with Me. 

Good luck Luvvie 

Come back and let us know .. under a new heading 

Mx🌹

• Posted

Thank you so much!!!  This honestly gave me hope that I’m not just developing something crazy because I’ve never dealt with anything close to this and no one in my family has mental health problems. But how is your sister now? 

This has probably been the hardest thing for me ever. I’m constantly exhausted and sick and anxious and looking into more of the symptoms I’m dealing with a lot of them. So hopefully it will explain what it going on with me as I’ve been dealing with this for 8 months now and the antidepressants have only been a little beneficial but make me feel different. Thank you I will go on Tuesday, unfortunately it’s going to be out of pocket money but it will be worth it! 

• Posted

I don’t know what you mean Jessica about intrusive thoughts .. .....  

but

I DO HOWEVER  KNOW ... that when you have HYPERactive Thyroid or Graves’ disease it feels like you are off the Richter Scale  with Anxiety  and stress 

My Sister Alas , became extremely ill through her Doctor ignoring her pleas for help and refusing to test her regularly

Saying she was suffering from 

Anxiety   .. bloody right she was !

Her Thyroid Gland was going crazy being attacked by her Immune System !

And HE was totally  NO HELP WHATSOEVER 

She is in a very bad condition now and near the end of her life with related ill health due to poor and negligent treatment 

THEREFORE ... it is vital  you get the help you need .. and a very 

Important diagnosis ... so that you can get to work on becoming well again ...  quickly !

Good luck Jessica 

Mx🌹

• Posted

As in unwanted thoughts stemming from the anxiety and depression that make me just feel terrible... 

But mostly just exhausted all the time, so hopefully the doctor will listen to me and something will come from it! 

Thank you!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.