posting back completed pip application

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All,

Well today's the day. A life changing day. What happens from now on is completely out of my hands.

I am 68 and have been receiving m/c and h/m dla since 2013 (indefinitely).  Will I get pip, I hope so, at enhanced rates, who knows.

I filled in the form and also enclosed pages of extra information, including up to date letters from my gp and my neurosurgeons secretary. Will all of the information that I compiled over the weeks be scrutinised properly?

I have sent it by recorded delivery, this could delay processing by two weeks, apparently, but how else do you prove you have sent back probably the most important documentation of your disabled life.

Now its wait and see.

Mike.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

best person to get advice from is denise but sure i red about certain age u cant claim pip might be wrong sure denise correct me if wrong she reply when she see this
    • Posted

Hi Ross,

That's true but only for those that weren't 65 on 8th April 2013. If you were under that age at that time you'll be transferred over to PIP. They are just way behind the process.

• Posted

Good luck mike,

I can't tell you, if your evidence will be used, some say it is while others say it isn't. Expect a face 2 face assessment though as most people have them. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long. Let us know the outcome.

• Posted

Who said sending it recorded delivery would slow it down, I sent mine registered post to make sure it was received and signed for it didn't have any impact on how quickly or slowly they responded as far as I can tell.

Had F2F within 4 weeks and answer 2 weeks later.

• Posted

As far as i know however it's posted, it still takes the same amount of time. It still has to go through the same DWP sorting process. Being sent recorded delivery doesn't mean it's arrive at the correct department, it just means it been signed for.....by someone from the sorting office at royal mail, not someone at DWP. It just gives some proof that it's been sent.

Post going to DWP isn't classed as being there until it's arrive at the right department and been recorded on the computer. This process can take 7 working days, at least from what i've heard.

Times for assessments vary hugely across the country too and one area may be a few weeks, while another could be months. My daughter had her assessment just over 2 weeks after returning her PIP form. My review assessment took 3 months after returning the form. This was in completely different parts of the country, so as you can see, it depends on backlog.

• Posted

Yes, i sent it recorded delivery as well . For both that  of the sake of the assessment agency that they would have a record of recorded delivery and also for myself that i had proof that it had been delivered and signed for i sent it recorded delivery  . I can not be sure of course but i don't feel that it slowed my PIP assessment and decision down sending it recorded delivery if anything one would think that it may actually lmay have helped as a record of delivery and signature would exist .  . I was being transferred  from DLA to PIP , however , i don't think that made a difference as so far as i know they start from scratch on PIP . The only thing the agency doing my assessment asked was did i want information  that i had supplied for my DLA when i had applied for it to be shared with PIP and you have a choice of dong it or not.  Of course i had no problem with that and in fact i agreed to it as it would show a considerable amount of both medical / physical information and emotional / mental state information .

I have heard of and we know some of the horror stories that we hear and see on the news and online so i can only speak for my own personal assessment . I felt that  my personal assessment was conducted with respect right from the initial phone call that one gets , through the actual assessment , and when i called to request a copy of my assessors report  to be mailed out to me for future reference . I never felt that i was being ignored or treated unfairly . However , as i mentioned i can only speak from my own personal assessment  experience and perspective on / of  it  .  If i am still alive for my next assessment i hope it goes as  smoothly as my first one with PIP . 

• Posted

It's always good to hear positive stories, especially for those that are currently going through a claim/review. We hear lots of bad stories naturally because people have questions but hardly ever the good ones.

When returning the PIP2 form back, it's the DWP you send it to and not the assessment agency/providers. The DWP then send it to onto them.

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I live in Hampshire. When I had assessment for Esa a few years ago I went to Guildford, about 40 minutes away.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.