Posting Problems

Posted , 8 users are following.

anyone having any problems posting or replying?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

No replies on my stuff
    • Posted

I'm a bit confused, jeannine.

I've had a look and you have posted twice.  Your first post 2 days ago in the Alcohol forum was responded to by Vickylou.  Can you not see that reply?

And you also posted in the Liver forum too, and received a reply on that which you replied to, so I know you can see that one.

You also mentioned that you hope a medical professional responds to the post in the Liver forum so do you mean that you think there is a technical problem with receiving your replies, or are you saying that you are disappointed that no medical professional has responded to either of your posts?  If the former, contact the Patient website at the contact us address at the bottom of the screen.  But if it is the latter, then you should understand that this is a public forum, moderated by staff at Patient, but we are all just normal folk.  There are no medical professionals employed by Patient to follow these forums and answer.

Even if a medical professional was, by chance, on the Liver forum, they couldn't give any type of medical analysis or diagnosis to you because they haven't examined you and they are not employed by Patient to do so.  They could risk their medical license by effectively trying to diagnose you when they haven't examined you personally.

If you have questions or concerns about your test results and your pending ultrasound, then the best person to put your mind at ease is the doctor who examined you.  You should get back in touch with him.  Any replies you receive on these Patient forums are simply people who may have experienced the same, and can offer you their experience only.

• Posted

I was  just hoping for more advice/replies. Only those few. That’s all. Nothing technically wrong. Lol
    • Posted

There are very few that post responses in the liver forum, of which I am one. Mainly because it is something that not many people have experience or knowledge of. As has been said, there are no professionals that post there, for the stated reasons given.

Replying to someone in the liver forum usually takes quite some time and thought. So, the better written ones that give plenty of information tend to get answered and the what I call fly by night posts tend to get ignored. If you look at some of the other threads that have many replies, you will see what sort of post tend to generate replies.

• Posted

Hi, Vickylou,

Yes, I was having issues a number of weeks ago that seemed almost constant and never seemed to look like being sorted out.

Replying with a short, couple of sentence response was no problem.  When I tried to reply with something longer, then the cursor froze and the site needed to reload, meaning that I lost whatever I had written so far.  it was like the reply box was timing out or something.

So now I type out my response using Notepad and then copy and paste it into the reply box.

• Posted

Thanks joanna

Yep the cursor keeps freezing and won’t let me type more than a sentence

• Posted

Frustrating, isn't it?  I think it's been going on for a while so definitely save yourself the headache and either type it on Notepad, Word or even as if you were composing an email then copy and paste into the reply box!

• Posted

Sometimes the cursor won’t move and won’t let me copy and paste. Will try tomorrow 

• Posted

Seems OK apart from advertisements here and there. My tablets does suggestive typing which is a pain but the old PC is easier. All ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.